Rackham By Duck Soup

The Happy Squirrel

I recently received my copies too. I would like to echo Le Fanu in saying that this is one of the best I have ever had the opportunity to acquire.

Not only that the quality of the images is just absolutely exemplary, the card stock smooth linen matte, great to shuffle, but also the way it reads, which is very unique.

I have not had much time with it just yet, but sufficed to say that it is true to Duck Soup's claim that it is a deck which has a Lenormand feel to it. I usually have to combine several decks to get this kind of utility. But with this deck, you have them all in one.

The choices of titles and keywords on the cards are just DELIGHTFUL.

Did I say the image reproduction is just superb? This is the gold standard for image reproduction! I can't say enough about Duck Soup's level of integrity on this front.

The best oracle deck of the year as far as I am concerned.

Le Fanu

I have not had much time with it just yet, but sufficed to say that it is true to Duck Soup's claim that it is a deck which has a Lenormand feel to it, as well as a more big picture feel. I usually have to combine several decks to get this kind of utility. But with this deck, you have them all in one.

The choices of titles and keywords on the cards are just DELIGHTFUL.
Funny, it doesn't feel Lenormandy to me - but that doesn't mean anything - each perspective will be different. I don't find any of the familiar Lenormand symbols or meanings here, only perhaps in the way that it can be read, as a sequence,a narrative, making sentences.

But I have had a weekend to play with it and I just LOVE it - everything about it. So often with Oracle decks there are cards that don't mean anything to me - or that don't give me pause for thought. But this one feels just right. I really, really love it. The cards are stunning, as mentioned above, but (echoing Happy Squirrel) the card titles really chime with me.

The Happy Squirrel

Funny, it doesn't feel Lenormandy to me - but that doesn't mean anything - each perspective will be different. I don't find any of the familiar Lenormand symbols or meanings here, only perhaps in the way that it can be read, as a sequence,a narrative, making sentences.

That was what I meant sorry. That feeling that you are stringing words, instead of scanning ephemeral vibes.... If that make sense?

But I have had a weekend to play with it and I just LOVE it - everything about it. So often with Oracle decks there are cards that don't mean anything to me - or that don't give me pause for thought. But this one feels just right. I really, really love it. The cards are stunning, as mentioned above, but (echoing Happy Squirrel) the card titles really chime with me.

The words are just PRECIOUS.

FECUNDITY. That is going to be my favourite word for forever!

"BEGINNING" and then if follows "At The End". ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS.

The Happy Squirrel

Mine arrived today! Oh my goodness never was an Oracle so dark and gnarled. It is just gorgeous. Each card is genuinely like a fairy tale book page, the borders work beautifully and the quality of the image is breath-taking! Remember, these have been taken from originals. This really is top notch. It puts the mass market deck reproductions to shame.

Oh but the delicacy of line and weirdness make me want to weep.

Funny how "top notch" is the exact phrase that I used else where talking about this deck.

Funniest of all, today I picked up a copy of the new Baron-Reid oracle, stopping by at my local Metaphysical store. I'd seen pictures on Instagram and liked the look of it - oops - big mistake but that's for another thread.

And then to arrive home and find this waiting for me and it's like all the gnomes in the deck are jeering at the plastic emptiness of Baron-Reid's Wisdom of the Oracle.

Funny also, that I have had the same exact experience with another deck. Except that the other deck came right after the Rackham. I threw half of that other deck away because the images were so badly reproduced.

This Rackham Oracle is what an oracle deck should be. Enigmatic, layered, something to peer into and wonder. I took a gamble and got two. Yippee! Now to use without care or kid gloves!

I honestly don't think I have a deck with such superb image quality. WELL DONE Freder!

I have echoed this statement and I will be echoing this all year around!

Le Fanu

What's your favourite card? Mine is "Imprudence; Home Unguarded" - the goblins peering round the door, ready to steal the BABY or perhaps swap it for a changeling :bugeyed:

Fabulously creepy image.

The Happy Squirrel

Coterie: Circle of Peers

and

Fecundity: Creative Power

BEAUTIFUL!!

Essjay

I have finally ordered! Very excited by all the wonderful reviews and am looking forward to receiving my copy.

stellar4

I have looked forward to this deck for ages and finally ordered it tonight. Here's hoping it gets here swiftly and flits unseen past UK customs....

Le Fanu

I've been doing daily draws with this deck since I received it because I just love it.

But I have noticed a creeping negativity, so this evening I sorted the cards out into three piles;

Positive
Neutral
Negative

Positive (e.g Cultivation, Connectedness, Providence, Rapport, Fecundity etc) = 25 cards
Neutral ( e.g Beginnings, Intuition, Ending, Beginning, Influence etc) = 16 cards
Negative ( Anxiety, Complications, Polarity, Disquiet, Machinations, etc) = 34 cards

There does seem to be a tilt towards the more negative, so I might concentrate on using this when I know I'm delaing with darker situations.

Chiska

For those that have this deck, does the card size allow for a clear image? I ask because the images on the web seem so dark and difficult to discern the detail.