Shamanic Healing Oracle

celticnoodle

Emily, I KNOW you will LOVE the Tea Leaf Oracle!!! It is a GREAT oracle!!! And, I hope you and I are both thrilled with the Shamanic Healing Oracle too. :D

Mine should be here by Feb. 08. :thumbsup:

Emily

My Shamanic Healing Oracle came this morning, the cards are fine, very striking, I really like them.

BUT I have a huge problem with the book. I have pages missing and duplicate pages, whole chunks of information missing, all the spreads gone, and from page 17 I then get 2 sets of pages 34 to 48.

If you've just ordered this deck, then check your books. This might not be a one off. I've emailed Schiffer and am waiting for them to get back in touch with me. If I have to I will return the whole set and hope the next book is complete but I'm hoping that Schiffer will be able to provide me with a complete book.

When I had the same problem with the Centennial PCS book Stuart Kaplan arranged for a complete new book to be sent to me, which I thought was very nice of him to do.

I'm hoping that Schiffer offer the same kind of customer service.

RavenOfSummer

Oh no! Thanks for the heads up Emily. I've never dealt with Schiffer customer service but I believe I've heard positive things from people who have.

Emily

Oh no! Thanks for the heads up Emily. I've never dealt with Schiffer customer service but I believe I've heard positive things from people who have.

I only emailed them a couple of hours ago but Schiffer have already got back to me and offered to send a replacement book. :) I can muddle through with what I have until I get it.

celticnoodle

OH NO! Emily!!! (((Emily))) So sorry to read this. I swore I'd be up at teh P.O. at 7:30 this morning, but I've yet to go up there. :laugh: In reality--I knew it would take me time. I'm about to get dressed now to go though and I will most assuredly check my book first. Both this Shamanic Healing Oracle and a tarot deck I ordered is sitting there in the post office, waiting for me....

I also hope you can get a new book to replace the one that is screwed up. The cards are all good though??? I do hope so!

just see that you posted the same time as I did here--saying you're getting a replacement book! GREAT! :thumbsup:

Emily

OH NO! Emily!!! (((Emily))) So sorry to read this. I swore I'd be up at teh P.O. at 7:30 this morning, but I've yet to go up there. :laugh: In reality--I knew it would take me time. I'm about to get dressed now to go though and I will most assuredly check my book first. Both this Shamanic Healing Oracle and a tarot deck I ordered is sitting there in the post office, waiting for me....

I also hope you can get a new book to replace the one that is screwed up. The cards are all good though??? I do hope so!

just see that you posted the same time as I did here--saying you're getting a replacement book! GREAT! :thumbsup:

The cards are beautiful. It didn't help that I've bonded with this particular deck, I'd sat and looked through them, given them a little shuffle pulled a couple of cards - all very positive. They were a little clumpy at first because of the gilding but after that first shuffle, they were fine. They aren't much bigger than a tarot deck and everything is designed to fit into the sturdy box, cards underneath and the book on top.

So then I decided to have a look through the book and almost immediately noticed the problems it had. If I hadn't already spent time with the deck, I would just have bundled it back up and sent it back for a replacement but I want to keep these cards. Hopefully the offered replacement book will come soon. :)

celticnoodle

just about to leave to pick up my decks. I'll be back to give my thoughts in a few hours...

celticnoodle

Well, it hasn't even been an hour..:laugh: I decided to push going to the gym for a workout off for a bit--maybe even till tomorrow. I had to come home and open my goodies!

I did check both this deck and book out.

The artwork in this deck, (The Shamanic Healing Oracle) is GORGEOUS! I love every card! The card stock isn't too flimsy and not too thick either. The cards feel great too, with a glossy shine on the cards. The outer edge of the cards are golden, but this sadly affected the corners of all my cards, as each of the corners look like they are chipped somewhat on the front. But, I'm not too worried about it, because I use all my decks--and sooner or later the gilding would wear off anyway from my using them, I only wish it didn't affect the image on the front side. But, *sigh* oh well, its not too bad.

The cards are slightly wider then I would like--but not too wide for my small hands to be able to still handle easily. Much larger then the standard playing card. The box it came in is very sturdy and nice. This is always a plus in my opinion, and the lwb that comes with the deck is fairly nice too. If there is another book, larger--that is available for purchase, I may look into buying that as well. Luckily, all my cards and all the pages of the book are intact, so I am happy about that as well.

I did shuffle (not ripple shuffle--over the hand shuffle) the cards and they shuffle easily this way, as there is only 44 cards. I did a quick 3 card reading for myself and it answered with a somewhat expected answer--though I was hoping it would give me a different answer. :laugh: You don't always get what you wish for though, do you? I do feel like the 3 card reading was accurate though and I can see I will be playing with this a lot today...so my gym day just may move into tomorrow...

Love it overall and very happy that I ordered it. :)

Emily

Did you check the book through, making sure all the pages were there and in order? Are the spreads nice?

I've also had the Book Depository asking me to send them pictures of the book and the lack of pages - not sure how to do that yet. I'm not returning the deck but if other sets have been affected, it's only a matter of time before other customers complain.

I wish there was a bigger book too - but Michelle Motuzas does have facebook. :)

celticnoodle

Did you check the book through, making sure all the pages were there and in order? Are the spreads nice?

Yes, I went through every page, counting the numbers and they are all in order up to page 120.

On page 19, it speaks about "The Single Card Layout"
On page 21, it speaks about "The Three Card Layout"
On page 24, it speaks about "The Five Card Layout".

I didn't use their spreads when I tried this deck out. I always ask a question of the cards and then throw out a few cards. I generally throw out 3 cards unless I feel in advance before asking the question, I need to throw more. I did lay out 3 cards and took the advice to the question I asked from those 3 cards.

I've also had the Book Depository asking me to send them pictures of the book and the lack of pages - not sure how to do that yet. I'm not returning the deck but if other sets have been affected, it's only a matter of time before other customers complain.

I wish there was a bigger book too - but Michelle Motuzas does have facebook. :)

Yes, I agree that other customers will complain if they receive this deck and book and they are not in good shape. Especially with the way the book is, I feel you definitely have a good reason to expect a new book.

Can you take a picture of the pages while the book is open at each page--and then email those pictures? Or, 2nd thought is to send the book back to them, but send it insured and also send it so that when they receive the book, they MUST sign for it and you will receive the signature paper in your mailbox. That way, they can see for themselves how messed up the book is.