Two of Swords

j cookie

I drew the Two of swords for someone's feelings, and read up on all the interpretations of blocked emotions etc. But then I thought about how a blind person's other senses become enhanced and it got me thinking that perhaps that she is viewing her emotions and situation from a completely diverse perspective ... she's listening to her inner-voice.

Have you ever been on a shore line in the darkness and listened to gentle waves .. it's very calming experience. It even helps you reflect on things.

Any Thoughts on this?

Grizabella

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here. I've listened to the ocean in the dark before, so yes on that.

Were you reading for a blind person? If so, then the analogy of the 2 of Swords does work, I think.

rwcarter

That interpretation might apply in some situations, but I wouldn't take it as your new go-to interpretation for the card. If you're looking at more positive interpretations of the card, that fits. I have a similar positive interpretation for the 8S - blocking out all external stimuli so one can think.

Rodney

j cookie

That interpretation might apply in some situations, but I wouldn't take it as your new go-to interpretation for the card. If you're looking at more positive interpretations of the card, that fits. I have a similar positive interpretation for the 8S - blocking out all external stimuli so one can think.

Rodney

thanks RW. Yes, i actually used the more traditional interpretation for 2S on the reading as it was the more appropriate. It just struck me when i studied the card afterward (i'm just learning tbh). I think it's prob best to have a range of eclectic interpretations for cards although it may get confusing.

Funny enough i was going to look at 8S later. I'll take note of your interpretation.

j cookie

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here. I've listened to the ocean in the dark before, so yes on that.

Were you reading for a blind person? If so, then the analogy of the 2 of Swords does work, I think.

No she's not blind. It's my granny i'm practicing on ... she is a bit deaf though tbh.

IndigoWaves

Have you ever been on a shore line in the darkness and listened to gentle waves .. it's very calming experience. It even helps you reflect on things.

Any Thoughts on this?
I could understand wanting to interpret the 2S in such a way, if it came up as someone's [lack of] feelings for/interest in a reader who desires him/her... But it's not how I'd read the card, myself. Outside of relationship readings, though, that view could apply to it, in a more general, meditative sense

j cookie

I could understand wanting to interpret the 2S in such a way, if it came up as someone's [lack of] feelings for/interest in a reader who desires him/her... But it's not how I'd read the card, myself. Outside of relationship readings, though, that view could apply to it, in a more general, meditative sense.

Yes, meditative was something that struck me. It's such a beautiful image .. think someone described it on here as almost gothic. I think it could mean, in occasional circumstance, being in touch with a (feminine) intuition, as in like he's a player or he's no good, just a charmer, so i close my heart to him.

IndigoWaves

I think it could mean in occasional circumstance being in touch with a (feminine) intuition, as in like he's a player or he's no good, just a charmer, so i close my heart to him.
Using your head instead of your heart does fit with this card: ignoring emotional influence in favour of logic/good sense because data already received supports it. Also possible, though, is that this person has no feelings at all for the guy -- blindfolded because he's not even being looked at (or he already was and nothing of interest was found to warrant more looks).

magicjack

I think the lady in the 2 of swords is at a calm state at the moment. She has decided to avoid the choice she needs to make. She has blocked it all out and doesn't want to deal with it right now. Out of sight, out of mind. She is more comfortable doing nothing about the situation. " I'll worry about that tomorrow".

ravenest

thanks RW. Yes, i actually used the more traditional interpretation for 2S on the reading as it was the more appropriate. It just struck me when i studied the card afterward (i'm just learning tbh). I think it's prob best to have a range of eclectic interpretations for cards although it may get confusing.

here is another one then to add to your range ; swords represent the intellect and mentation. Twos , coming just after the unity of the aces show a high and pure form of the energy so it can mean a mind at peace and in meditation or contemplation .

I would not attribute it to blocked emotions, but rather, to a stable internal place where emotions might not 'rock the boat' so much.

Being on the shoreline of the 'Great Sea' represents contemplating the vast, the unconscious and the feminine . The Moon describes similar energy. The Blindfold is about not being distracted from this state. The crossed arms on the chest represent repose and contemplation - the 'mummy' position .