The Gift

Luna Shay Luv

I was watching this movie the gift, i saw the kind of cards she was using and i was wonder if the cards had a specific name. Iv never seen cards that look like that before.. They were just shapes and signs..

Silverlyn

Yeah, those are called 'ESP Cards' or more formally: the Zener Deck. Due to them being designed in the 1930's by Karl Zener, I believe.

I have a deck of those cards, but the deck seemed to be a bit thicker in the movie (perhaps she was using 2 or 3 decks).

Dolphin_Dreamer

I'm not sure if this deck is here, but this place shows lots of decks. It's down right now but I was there a couple of days ago. http://taroteca.multiply.com/

lightbug

These are Zener ESP cards (click here for pictures) But before you buy -- note they are NOT a divination deck, but intended as a "TEST" for psychic or Extra-sensory-perception. They were used in the film because the filmmakers felt that Tarot, or another easily recognizable oracle would be too distracting if viewers read the cards or saw meaning in the pictures, - instead, these unknown "symbols" could be the perfect backdrop for Cate Blanchett's phenomenal acting and "seeing" in the movie.