the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

Jewel

Bak-up Liber T

Le Fanu said:
Tell me I need one...
The way decks go out of print these days, it is extremely important and necessary to have a back up of a deck you know you will use a lot. Especially if you are taking it with you everywhere as something could spill on it or who knows what. If you have a back-up it will proabably never happen, but if you do not get the back-up deck it will happen shortly after the deck becomes hard to find and the price increases. Think of it as spending money now to save money in the future! - that is what I tell myself anyway *LOL*

I do not believe one needs back-ups of every deck, but special favorites you know you will treasure for years and years ... that is another matter entirely. Go get your Liber T back-up deck while the gettin' is good! :D

I think I might be very good at this enabling thing!

HearthCricket

Ah, my dream thread! Someone enable me to get the Liber-T...I've had it and sold it several times. I also want to be enabled on a deck that might revolve around astrology and be good for a beginner in that field. Any suggestions? :D

I also need a Dragon Deck. Any suggestions on the best one out there and why?

Enable me! :party:

gregory

baba-prague said:
In homage to Gregory I'd like to give some general advice -

DON'T buy chocolate. You know it's bad for you. Decks will not make you fatter and they will also not damage your teeth (unless you chew them, which is not advised).

Take all that money that you would have spent on wicked chocolate - and buy tarot decks - which are not "wicked" packs of cards at all but very, very good for you.

You know it makes sense.
Thanks for that, baba. It is true. I know this. My cholesterol result from routine bloods has just caused my doctor to phone and demand my attendance. No more chocolate for me. Now would someone kindly enable me for something ?

Templar and Universal Fantasy are both well worth the money. And to all those I told not to buy LS mini decks - I was lying. They're adorable.

I need to find something to want. It is so hard on crap dialup..... Help me.

HearthCricket

gregory said:
Thanks for that, baba. It is true. I know this. My cholesterol result from routine bloods has just caused my doctor to phone and demand my attendance. No more chocolate for me. Now would someone kindly enable me for something ?

Templar and Universal Fantasy are both well worth the money. And to all those I told not to buy LS mini decks - I was lying. They're adorable.

I need to find something to want. It is so hard on crap dialup..... Help me.

I think it is high time you expand your horizons, woman! Get thee an oracle. I highly recommend either the Victorian Flower Oracle or Madame Endora, though Spirit of the Wheel could be a blast, too. Then there are all the lovely Druid Plant and Druid Animal and Ogham ones, too. Yep. You need to build another attic room for Oracles! :D

Jewel

HearthCricket said:
I also need a Dragon Deck. Any suggestions on the best one out there and why?
I have had several Dragon decks, one I heavily criticized was the Celtic Dragon, but that was because I kept trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and the whole wands=air, swords=fire thing was driving me insane, that plus the book is less than helpful. After working with 21 Ways for 2 years and really opening my mind and horizons I went back and did a reading with the Celtic Dragon, and let me tell you I was so pleasantly surprised I almost fell out of my chair (I am not kidding). If you just completly ignore or toss the book, and read intuitively it is actually a really nice deck.

Unfortunately I had already gotten rid of the Dragon Tarot, I might really be able to enjoy that one now as well. It has the most beautiful death card of any deck I have ever seen.

HearthCricket

Jewel said:
I have had several Dragon decks, one I heavily criticized was the Celtic Dragon, but that was because I kept trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and the whole wands=air, swords=fire thing was driving me insane, that plus the book is less than helpful. After working with 21 Ways for 2 years and really opening my mind and horizons I went back and did a reading with the Celtic Dragon, and let me tell you I was so pleasantly surprised I almost fell out of my chair (I am not kidding). If you just completly ignore or toss the book, and read intuitively it is actually a really nice deck.

Unfortunately I had already gotten rid of the Dragon Tarot, I might really be able to enjoy that one now as well. It has the most beautiful death card of any deck I have ever seen.

Would that be the Dragon Tarot by USG or LS?

Emily

Le Fanu said:
This is the thread we didn't know we needed. Now we will wonder how we ever lived without it...

I think I need a back up of the Liber T. I love the Thoth and I think studying the Liber T will add a deeper layer, as well as getting me familiar with a deck which is marvellous in its own right. I already have one copy, but would quite like one to take with me, out and about, scuffed in bag, to look at in idle moments, get familiar with the imagery etc...

Tell me I need one...

You need another Liber T - eventually this deck will go out of print, and just as you need another, you won't be able to find one or it will go for outrageous prices. :D

Jewel

HearthCricket said:
Would that be the Dragon Tarot by USG or LS?
The US games one. I have looked through the LS one, but there were several cards that just really turned me off the deck, so I really cannot speak to it at all because I never owned or tried to us it.

I do have the Nigel Suckling deck, and it is beautiful. The issue with it is the minors are pips. If you are comfortable workign with pips I would recommend it. It has a really neat feature in that youcan tie all the landscapes together and it looks really cool when you do that! *LOL*. But as far as reading the only one I have been able to read with (once I got rid of my own mental blocks) was the Celtic Dragon. But girl if you get it stay away from the book, that thing is too New Agey even for me and I think was a big reason I was so turned off by the deck for so long. If you do get the Celtic Dragon, go get the book Dancing with Dragons by DJ Conway (same person that wrote the CD book), as she really goes into the colors of dragons and what they mean and that does add another dimension when working with this deck. The book has nothing to do with Tarot, just with dragons.

Also, the lady that did the Dragon Fae is workign on a tarot deck which will include dragons. I think that deck will probably end up outweighing the others for me personally once it is published. But I doubt we will see it until some time in 2010 or 2011. She has not completed it yet.

Le Fanu

HearthCricket said:
Ah, my dream thread! Someone enable me to get the Liber-T...I've had it and sold it several times

Well, the argument Ive been using (and Im probably not alone in thinking like this; Emily for one has posted here regarding this), the Liber T is invariably going to go OOP. And some time soon. I doubt it will still be around in a couple of years. And it is a revolutionary deck. It is going to be a classic. One of those very few seminal, influential decks...

See... I enable myself, I don't really need you lot :) :)

Taamar

Jewel said:

You just made me pull out my 'new' Dragon Tarot (thank you, Kilted Kat!) and check out the Death card. You're right, it is starkley beautiful! Reminds me of winters in Maryland when it would sleet something fierce and freeze overnight... miserable as hell until the next morning dawned clear and bright and the ice-cased bare trees sparkled like a million diamonds.