the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

Aerin

HearthCricket said:
I also need a Dragon Deck. Any suggestions on the best one out there and why?

Enable me! :party:

Personally I love the art on the Peter P. and Terry Donaldson one. It's gorgeous and all of the cards are scenic. RWS based. It is very Anne McCaffrey IMO.

The Nigel one is v. cheap and the Majors are great, Minors are pips only wih some random landscapes.

The LS one was, to me, a big disappointment.

Aerin

Emily

The Liber T had a reprieve a couple of years ago and its popularity went right up but it won't last and sooner rather than later LoScarabeo will stop printing it.

It is still a deck that you will either love or hate - most people take a quick look at the artwork and think its not for them - I did, I traded my first copy right away.

Years later, I gave the deck a chance to show me how it ticks, and it did. This deck speaks so loud, its hard to get it to shut up. It's like an onion, multi-layered and strong. :)

gregory

HearthCricket said:
I think it is high time you expand your horizons, woman! Get thee an oracle. I highly recommend either the Victorian Flower Oracle or Madame Endora, though Spirit of the Wheel could be a blast, too. Then there are all the lovely Druid Plant and Druid Animal and Ogham ones, too. Yep. You need to build another attic room for Oracles! :D
There are limits. I'm sorry - but this is in the TAROT DECKS forum !

Le Fanu

Emily said:
You need another Liber T - eventually this deck will go out of print, and just as you need another, you won't be able to find one or it will go for outrageous prices. :D

Dutifully enabled... just ordered from the book depository... :)

morticia monroe

Grizabella said:
If you collect napkins by getting a bunch extra every time you go to eat out, you can save up enough to do without toilet paper for a month by just using the napkins. :D :thumbsup: Then that's worth at least one deck! Maybe more if you buy from the Trading forum or eBay. :D :D :D (I haven't tried it yet, folks, but hey---it's an idea! :rolleyes: )

Grizzy, you are my kind of girl....I love it! You sure you're not Southern?

Mellaenn

I think we need to remember that it's often a good idea when tempted to buy a deck to buy two of them. That way you can use one and save the other as a collectors item, give it away as a gift or trade it. Why, it's like money in the bank! You almost can't afford not to collect as many tarot decks as possible when you look at it that way.

NorthernTigress

Ah, finally, a thread in which to indulge one's wicked habits.

I already own my wonderful, beautiful, signed-and-numbered copy of the Tarot of Dreams. But since I bought my Gilded, I've had recurring fantasies of combining my favorite cards from both decks into an über-deck. And, with the Legacy of the Divine deck coming this fall, I could possibly make a three-in-one über-über-deck.

Of course, none of those fantasies could come true, because of size differences. But now, there's an announcement that there will be a new edition of the ToD, one that is approximately the same size as the Gilded.

Should I buy a copy of a deck I already own?

Sinduction

NorthernTigress said:
I already own my wonderful, beautiful, signed-and-numbered copy of the Tarot of Dreams. But since I bought my Gilded, I've had recurring fantasies of combining my favorite cards from both decks into an über-deck. And, with the Legacy of the Divine deck coming this fall, I could possibly make a three-in-one über-über-deck.

Of course, none of those fantasies could come true, because of size differences. But now, there's an announcement that there will be a new edition of the ToD, one that is approximately the same size as the Gilded.

Should I buy a copy of a deck I already own?
Amen sista! You know that's what I'm doing! :D

nisaba

Nina* said:
Great idea! I'd like to get the Templar tarot, but am not quite sure if it's too expensive compared to how good it is.

Could someone convince me? :)
How could you not want something with all the historical romance of the Arthurian legends, and possibly even more of a gleam of truth amongst all the myth?

nisaba

baba-prague said:
DON'T buy chocolate. You know it's bad for you. Decks will not make you fatter and they will also not damage your teeth (unless you chew them, which is not advised).
You know it makes sense.
<hysterical laughter> That's me girl! Well done!