General Health Spread

intuition897

This is a simple, straightforward spread to give an overview of all the facets of a querent's health. Sort of like a simplified Celtic Cross. I tried it myself and it worked okay for me. Let me know if you find it useful.

3 ----------4------8

----- 1 -----------7

2 ---------- 5-----6

1: Current situation; Basis of the question
2: Emotional Health
3: Mental Health
4: Spiritual Health
5: Physical Health
6: What Hindering You
7: What's Helping You
8: Outcome/Advice

AmethystEyes

I found it a bit hard to figure out how they related, especailly spiritual. And the first card I found a little confusing too. Although I did see how it fit.

intuition897

When I spoke of general health, I meant holistic health in all its aspects. Physical health is only one part of being a balanced person. If your way of thinking is out of whack, and you can't see things realistically, your mental health is jeopardized. If your relationship is in crisis, it will affect your emotional health. If you are suffering from an ongoing physical ailment or an injury, it would be reflected in the physical health card. And I also believe that spiritual growth and maturity is part of being a well-rounded person, hence the spiritual health card. Even if one professes atheism, this card would simply reflect whether or not one is truly at peace with one's spiritual beliefs or if more work is needed there. You could look at it as a kind of wheel. If the wheel is bright and balanced, life rolls smoothly. If you've got some flat spots or spikes...well you've got your work cut out for you, right? :) The card in the middle just gives a picture of what's going on right now with the querent in relation to their health. The column of cards on the right are pretty straightforward: What you're doing wrong that's keeping you from attaining balance, what you're doing right and should keep on doing/build upon, and a final general advice card or outcome card to tie it all together.

This spread may not work for everyone, but I find I prefer simpler spreads that leave things clear, concise and to the point. One of my favorites is the Cross of Truth, which looks like a Celtic Cross without the right hand column or the crossing card (position 2). The card closest to the querent (the bottom) is position 1, the centre card is position 2, the left and right arms of the cross are positions 3 and 4, and the top of the cross is position 5. And, in order, the card meanings are 1: Current situation/problem, 2: Desires, 3 (right arm of cross): What's helping the situation, 4 (left arm of the cross): What's hurting the situation, and 5: The Outcome. I actually prefer this spread over the Celtic Cross.

Kristyjnh

Well done

I was looking for a spread like this, that just gives a little information on each area of your health. This was perfect. I read cards 2-5 as what I should do to improve them though, rather than what state they were currently in.

I thought the results were very accurate, so thanks!

GypsieStone

Thanks for this, I will give this a try.

Espirito

Thanks for sharing this spread!