astrology, karma & transformation

isthmus nekoi

I'm reading astrology karma & transformation by Steven Arroyo and I have to say it is probably one of my favourite books on astrology so far - I highly recommend it!! I got the impression that Arroyo didn't think much of the transpersonal planets b/c he pretty much leaves them out of his natal chart interpretation book, but it's not true b/c he saves it all for ak&t! Anyways, this is easily by far the best writing I've read regarding the transpersonal planets. I shall endeavor to post any ensuing thoughts related to Arroyo's concepts to this thread.

Minderwiz

HI Isthmus,

Its a great book isn't it. One of my favourites! Some excellent work on transits of the outer planets.

I'm sure you'll continue to find it fascinating.

Astraea

This is one of my favorite books, too. I wonder why we don't hear more from Mr. Arroyo -- I've not been able to find a website for him, yet have not heard that he has retired.

oceanpoetry

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Isthmus, about the book! I have it on my bookshelf and find myself referring to it often. He discusses how the planets according to ancient terminology are referred to as "gods" such as Saturn "Lord of Karma" ...this has helped me a lot to understand how to work with challenging aspects. Now with Saturn ingress into Cancer, it is currently making a tight conjunction with my natal Sun. This could be a challenging aspect, but for me, this is actually a highly-productive and rewarding time, I am aware of how I can use Saturn energy to work for me (instead of against me) by respecting the energy of this transit.

Moongold

Yes, it is a fascinating book, written in a way that it is easy to understand. Arroyo's analysis of Saturn in conjunction with Liz Greene's work on Saturn have given me enough food for thought for a lifetime.

My natal Saturn and Pluto are sitting right next to each other in the 8th House, and in my progressed chart, and the insightful commentaries of Arroyo and Greene have been really useful. I also have a Capricorn Ascendant which adds a little to the mix.

Isthmus and Minderwiz, please don't break out into gales of laughter again but I remind you of my *Yod* with Venus, Saturn and Uranus. It continues to hold a mystery or *something* for me and I'm waiting for something to click. Arroyo does pay some attention to Venus aspecting both Saturn and Uranus, and I have some other ideas.

Tor

I have this book too, but have never read it properly. I have the danish version, but understand most of it.

I will put it on my to-read-list

Moongold: Liz Greene and her Saturn-book has been a great help for me, having saturn in pisces in 12th house.

Moongold

Balder, with those placements.................. no wonder you are so talented with the cards.....and also with the astrology :)

Minderwiz

Moongold's comments about Liz Greene's book on Saturn reminded me that there is an excellent book by both Arroyo and Greene - 'New Insights in Modern Astrology' - if you like their work this is also a must.

isthmus nekoi

transsats to the personals

Moongold, how about a smile then? :) You know, thinking about Saturn and Uran as karmic channels aspecting your Venus might mean *love and art* are the places by which you can meet your karma (Saturn) and then blast through it (Uran) in order to channel your way up the transsaturnians? w/Pluto being roommates w/Saturn in 8th, this might also indicate a lot of power and energy to do so?

My Venus also aspects 2 transsats: Neptune and Pluto. I can tell you that much of what I've read has been very non applicable, esp regarding Venus conj Neptune: you have a tendancy to be a bleeding heart romantic, making you guillible and easily disappointed in others etc etc. This kind of interpretation totally misses the concept behind the contact - *why* such a contact is likely to result in idealism etc. It is not so much pining for Mr. Right, but as Arroyo writes, "spiritual seeking and mystical yearnings...". Spot on!! Love and art are the vessels by which you *channel* the unconscious, and you cannot fall into the trap of fetishizing people or works of art (and especially the creators of those works.)

More to come....

isthmus nekoi

pluto transits (and transsaturnians)

I'm not entirely sure why astrologers are so fixated on Saturn transits. For me, the transiting planet that creates the dominant theme - to which all other transits are subordinate to - is Pluto. And Saturn is more emphasized in my natal chart than Pluto! Saturn binds you to your karma, Pluto (and perhaps the other transsaturnians) allows you to transcend it. Perhaps other's Pluto experiences are different?
Arroyo writes, "Pluto transits often coincide w/the absolute and total end of an old phase..." Arroyo also writes that it takes years to assimilate the *full meaning* of a transsat transit, esp Pluto. I knew the time of transPluto conj moon (before I knew anything about astrology) was an immeasurably significant time and I had a bare bones idea of what it was about, but it took me years to flesh out the full meaning. I'm still building on it today.

If I may be so impertinent to add another layer to Pluto's transits... it would be one of psychic wealth. Pluto's name connotates wealth, as he is indeed, lord of the underworld. My experience w/Pluto is primarily one of restoration. The great gaping voids left by the dominant ideologies of a "late capitalist", pomo society can be addressed through the transsats, as they are the keys to energies which are beyond human consciousness. To restore the void and to gain such wealth in knowledge is the service of Pluto, and the price you pay will be through the complete loss of your innocence. (Hence, the myth in which Pluto rapes Persephone. Note the similarity b/w this myth and that of the fall of Eve, and the fairy tale of Bluebeard.)