composite chart

leriel

hi everybody,
recently I have wondered how to interpretate composite charts. What to start with and which houses are important? Are there any special planets which to look at while thinking about, for example, living together? Looking forward to read your suggestions
leriel

isthmus nekoi

leriel, http://www.astro.com can give you a brief interpretation of a composite chart. The houses I would emphasize are 7 and 8, then 1 and 5.
However, in looking for compatibility and to answer questions such as: how well can we live together etc, I would look first to a synastry chart.

Minderwiz

A composite chart treats the relationship (and it can be business, parent/child friends, as well as romantic) as an entity in its own right, with its own chart.

The first stage in interpretation is to interpret the individual's charts - trying to interpret the relationship without doing this first will be doomed. It's also worth doing a traditional synastry reading as well.

A good book to read is John Townley's 'Composite Charts' but as you are now dealing with the chart for the relationship you'll need to look at the Ascendant, Sun, Moon and other planets by sign and house position. For example the second house would now deal with the assets and money of the relationship, the third with how the relationship thinks and communicates, etc.

Aspects would also be taken into account.

I've done one or two of these type of chart but always started from the individual charts and you are really looking for what additional gloss you can add to your interpretation of the relationship, from the Composite.

isthmus nekoi

Oh yes! That's right, natal charts 1st. I'd assumed you'd analyzed each chart alone first.... if you haven't done that, that would be the first basic step in determining compatibility. Synastry, then composite then refines the process.

Minderwiz

That's right Isthmus

It allows you to look at a fair amount of evidence. What's more you can do solar and lunar returns, progressions and transits to the composite as well as to the individual's charts.

Takes some time but can be really rewarding.

AquarianGoddess

Composite charts are very telling! I always look at transits to the composite to ascertain the "ups & downs" in the relationship.

Also note what tranits were taking place when the relationship began.