How so I discern the actual worth of a 1959 RWS deck?

Stark Raven

Anyone know how I know the true value of a 1959 RWS deck? It was printed by University books. I am wondering if the price seller is asking for this item is correct. Thanks in advance.

AJ

I can't help you with the value, but it is not a hard to find deck. It turns up here in trading ever so often and is often seen on Ebay whether the seller is aware of the version or not.

Stark Raven

I can't help you with the value, but it is not a hard to find deck. It turns up here in trading ever so often and is often seen on Ebay whether the seller is aware of the version or not.

Thanks! Much appreciated. Then it isn't worth $275.00 more than likely, obviously, lol! And to think, I was teetering...

Debra

I bought one on e-bay for roughly $40 I think-- in an excellent box, cards excellent, according to the advertising card it originally cost $5. :laugh: There's been a bizarre jump in prices on e-bay over the last couple of years, and this has affected the prices for used decks on amazon.com too.

Call it "rare" and "vintage" and bingo! Someone spends their milk money.

Stark Raven

I bought one on e-bay for roughly $40 I think-- in an excellent box, cards excellent, according to the advertising card it originally cost $5. :laugh: There's been a bizarre jump in prices on e-bay over the last couple of years, and this has affected the prices for used decks on amazon.com too.

Call it "rare" and "vintage" and bingo! Someone spends their milk money.

Oh I see, so do you think there's still a chance I will find one for about this much? Even close to this price? Or have things changed so drastically that it's not hardly likely?

Debra

I think if you are patient you'll be able to pick one up for $40-60--my guess. How much is it listed for, where you're looking?

Debra

I think I found it--is it the one on e-bay for hundreds? :rolleyes:

The bottom of those two ad cards--one says the book (not included in the set) cost $7.50; the other says the deck cost $5.00.

Stark Raven

I think I found it--is it the one on e-bay for hundreds? :rolleyes:

The bottom of those two ad cards--one says the book (not included in the set) cost $7.50; the other says the deck cost $5.00.

Yes, lol, isn't that something!