The Third Roses & Lilies RWS pack

rwcarter

My bad. I was seeing back (as in the back of the cards) not pack (as in 3rd set folks know about still in existence). :|

gregory

I suppose there have been only two R&L packs extant, one is now Mr Kaplan's, the other truelight's. So I call the pack in the listing the third R&L (of course we can't be really sure as the pack is now out of our reach).

Doesn't Frank Jensen have one ?

Antonius

Relisting

Apparently the cards will be relisted with new photos and more info, so the seller has not sold them yet!, i emailed seller ,
Will watch with interest.

Glitterbird

I see it's back up...

shadowdancer

wow. I have just read up on this, and if it is genuine (no reason to believe otherwise) it is likely to be only the 3rd known copy of the original print run of this deck.

What an absolute find.

Davina

starlightexp

omg..I just did my taxes and was hoping to put the money away.... I SOOOOO want this deck

shadowdancer

this is what I used to read up on this deck, and other variants of Pam A, B, C etc:

http://www.manteia-online.dk/waite-smith/tpc-article.pdf

Heck I almost feel like an expert now. :D

If I had the money I would buy this. With the intention of restoring and using it. I think it would really be like handling history each time it was used.

starlightexp

As much as I really want this I'm beginning to think of the whole glue issue here. Is this common for old decks? The Pam A I have has no issue with this. Anyone dealt with this before?

roppo

I would like to ask the future owner of the pack not to "repair" it. No glue work, please. The inferior quality of the R&L cardstock was one of the reasons Rider had to print the second series so soon. The bad condition of the pack and the letter from Rider is an important historical proof.