Yes/No

entropy

What methods do people use to ask yes/no questions? I know there must be a ton of references on the forum, but a search string involving "yes" and "no" doesn't work.

The method I've been using is that all even cards are "no" and all odd cards are "yes." Except it gets confusing when you start getting double digits from the Majors or Court Cards in the minors. Then I never know if I should add the numbers together as in numerology so there's always just one digit to consider, or if I should leave it alone, or if I should just pay attention to the message of the card when unsure.

Since I mostly ask these questions for myself, my intuition is too easily skewed in the direction of the answer I *want.*

Suggestions? Please?

Ziev

I have found the following to be very helpful for me. I don't use Rx. All Majors are Yes, all courts are no, even yes, odd no. I normally do a 5 card spread with a SC but I dont count this for the yes or no. Then I read what the cards are telling me about my question.

1...2...3...4...5...SC

I found this is Barbara Moore's Tarot Spread book. She credits this spread to Sysyn Blair-Hunt. Its such an awesome book. I highly recommend it.

Ferne

Ziev:

I like this spread too and sometimes use it. I'm curious what do you mean by an "SC"?, and how is it read?

Thanks

Ferne

rwcarter

Guessing "SC" is "Significator Card"

Ferne

Rwcarter:

Thanks...that makes sense. I understand how an SC is used in a CC spread, but I'm not so sure how to use it in this spread.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ferne

Ziev

Ziev:

I like this spread too and sometimes use it. I'm curious what do you mean by an "SC"?, and how is it read?

Thanks

Ferne

By SC I mean Shadow Card or Deeper Meaning Card. I use the last card on the bottom of the deck. For me its like the overall feel of what is going on with the sitter. The underlying issue, or feeling that they might not even realize. I find that it helps me with the reading. :)

Ferne

Ziev:

That clears it up.

The next time I use this spread, I'm going to add the shadow card. It sounds very helpful.

Thanks for the tip...gotta like it when you learn something new!

Ferne

Ziev

Nice. Let me know how it goes. I use a SC card with every spread I do. I find that it helps me a bit better. When I try not to use it I feel like I haven't done any spread properly lol.

Fly My Pretty

I've used the Barbara Moore/Susyn Blair-Hunt spread a few times now since first reading this thread and it's by far the best Yes/No spread I've used. It's simple but really effective for me, thanks for sharing it Ziev :)