Yes/No

SarahStar

I found this one through a YouTube search, and I really like it.

The idea is to make four piles of cards. For the first pile, you draw thirteen cards unless you hit an Ace. Then, once you get an Ace or once you finish drawing 13 cards, you move on to the next pile. Repeat this until you get four piles and make your determination based on how many Aces there are (Aces mean yes). Use the other cards to give you clarity on the answer or other details like a general timeline etc. All the people I've used this spread on have really enjoyed it! Plus it's always good to remind people of how the Minors are free will cards that could change and Majors indicate forces.

Here's a clip to the YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5M8V2JEzRQ

tarotcognito

My spin on yes/no questions is that it's the kind of question that requires only one card. One. Not two. Not three. Not a Celtic Cross. Just one card. Why weigh down a simple question with a complicated answer? It defeats the purpose, as far as I'm concerned.

Here's a suggestion:

Remove from your deck the Ace card belonging to the suit that best represents the energy of the question.

Toss the Ace card in the air and let it fall to the ground.

Face up: yes.

Face down: no.

End of reading.

That's it. No pulling of clarifiers to "explain" the "why" of the answer. If what you really want is to know the "why" (which most people want, when it comes right down to it), then the question is not really a "yes/no" type question to begin with. ;)

Just my twos. :)