Choice spread

Blessed_Rose

I'm at a cross-roads. I'm looking forward to graduating this December, but I have the opportunity to continue my studies with graduate school. I'm an "A" average, but school takes a lot of my time. I'm wondering if I should take a certification class and get a job, attend school, or just take some time off. Is there a spread that anyone can recommend for me? Thanks!

rivergum

Chiska in the June newbie's exchange thread has a great spread.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=197188

Pretty much everything we deal with has more than one side to it - yes/no, here/there, this/that, etc. You get the drift.

While many people do use tarot to provide answers to these kinds of questions, I prefer a spread that puts the options right out there in front of the sitter so that the sitter may take the information and make up their own minds.

Please remember, this spread is meant to provide input on options, not answer the question for the sitter, so keep that in mind when you present their options.

From Thalia Took we get the Justice Layout. The layout and description can be found here.

This spread is for weighing matters, making decisions, for seeing things fairly, and for discernment.

Card 1: This card represents one point of view, one side of the matter, one choice or decision.

Card 2: This card represents the other side, the flip side, an opposing but connected view, the other choice or decision.

Card 3: This card represents an aspect of the first side that perhaps you hadn't considered; it gives depth, a more complete picture, revealing hidden strengths or conflicts.

Card 4: This card is like card 3, but it defines the second choice or side more clearly.

Card 5: This card is the balance, the weight that is adjusted to bring the two into balance, a compromise that is equitable to both. Or, it can represent advice in a decision as to which is the stronger choice.

I used this spread for just the very question you are interested in. One side had nice pips, the other side had two majors, the crowning card was a major too. How you read it depended on how you felt about your options in any case. One more step in clarifying feelings about choices.