Olodumare's Clockwork Spread

beatles1318

Hey there. First-time poster so please be gentle. Im 14, and only got into tarot recently. But I have been trying to find a good spread that works for me and just couldn't find a good one for me. So I thought I'd make up my own. If anyone is actually interested, I will explain why it is laid out the way it is. Anyways, here it is. Enjoy! :D

The cards are laid out based on direction and similarities. Each card is put in it's specific spot because the cards on both side tie into the that card, except for the best course of action, which you and your crossing situation are pointing/going towards. It's not perfect, but it's worked very accurately for me so far. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I created the spread myself and would love to answer anything. Also, if you use the spread, I'm interested in knowing how it went. If you repost the picture diagram somewhere, I do ask that you give credit to me, Sam Schafer. Thank you!

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=65266&d=1372404743

1. You/Present Day: Either you in the situation or the present day.

2. Crossing Card: Like in the celtic cross, something that interferes with the question in one
way or another.

3. Hopes and Fears: Self-explanitory. Your hopes and fears with this quest or question.

4. Past Influences: Things in the recent past that have effect on the question.

5. Subconscious Influences: Things that are factors of the question that you haven't realized yet.

6. Quest's Foundation: The foundation of the question. The reason the quest was seeked out or the question was asked in the first place.

7. Surrounding Environment: Friends, family. The life that you are surrounded in.

8. Events Yet to Come: Future events that may be the next step towards the end of the quest or the answer to the question.

9. Best Course of Action: The path you should take to find bliss in your quest or to answer your question the way you are hoping it will be answered. The best decision.

10. The Final Outcome: The outcome of the quest or the answer to the question.

Edit: Wow, I can't believe I forgot this part. When I do it. I like to have cards 8-10 faced down over. Not only because of what they represent, but to symbolize the dark hours.

New spread coming soon!

Hemera

Welcome to AT beatles1318 :)

I´m interested in your spread (such an exiting name!) but for some reason the link didn´t open.
Just a suggestion: could you please write the spread out in your post because links sometimes stop working and we lose valuable info that way.

(I mean.. maybe write something like this:

1---2---3 etc.

Card/position 1: meaning: xxxx
Card/position 2: meaning: xxxx
etc.)

Mystic Zyl

Yes, link did not work for me either. Glad to see someone your age is learning tarot!

BleuReynard

Works for me using Fire Fox.

The spread is kinda cool. I'll try it out later. To me it looks like a moderation of the first and second crosses in the Celtic Cross.

8..1/2..4

1 = You/ Present Day
2 = Crossing card
3 = Hopes and Fear
4 = Past Influences
5 = Subconscious Influences
6 = Quest Foundation
7 = Surrounding Environment
8 = Events Yet to Come
9 = Best Course of Action
10 = Final Outcome.

Hope the spread above looks right on all browsers.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum. :)

beatles1318

I didn't want to do it in text because the 'You' card and 'Crossing' card are not a cross, but the hands of the clock. Again, it's all laid out in this way for a reason. It has to do with directions and similarities. But you know, details, details.

Hemera

Thanks BlueReynard :)
Wow, this looks like a great spread!
I´ll see if I can upload it..
I wonder what the Crossing Card is for? Maybe like in CC, either opposing or reinforcing depending on the other cards surrounding it?

Attachments

• Olodumare_s_Clockwork_Spread.jpg
    Olodumare_s_Clockwork_Spread.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 149

beatles1318

I will go into more detail.

1. You/Present Day: Either you in the situation or the present day.
2. Crossing Card: Like in the celtic cross, something that interferes with the question in one way or another.
3. Hopes and Fears: Self-explanitory. Your hopes and fears with this quest or question.
4. Past Influences: Things in the recent past that have effect on the question.
5. Subconscious Influences: Things that are factors of the question that you haven't realized yet.
6. Quest's Foundation: The foundation of the question. The reason the quest was seeked out or the question was asked in the first place.
7. Surrounding Environment: Friends, family. The life that you are surrounded in.
8. Events Yet to Come: Future events that may be the next step towards the end of the quest or the answer to the question.
9. Best Course of Action: The path you should take to find bliss in your quest or to answer your question the way you are hoping it will be answered. The best decision.
10. The Final Outcome: The outcome of the quest or the answer to the question.

When I do it. I like to have cards 8-10 faced down over. Not only because of what they represent, but to symbolize the dark hours.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I created the spread myself and would love to answer anything. Also, if you use the spread, I'm interested in knowing how it went. If you repost the picture diagram somewhere, I do ask that you give credit to me, Sam Schafer.