Venus in Scorpio

GoddessArtemis

I find it really strange that I'm often surrounded by people with Venus in Scorpio--lovers & friends.

I can count at least 5 friends and one lover with this placement only over the last 3 years!

Admittedly, I really enjoy the intense energy of these folks, but for the most part, I've been approached by these people...and not vice versa. What's the reason behind this?

GA

P.S. I have Scorpio rising (VERY close to Libra), and Scorpio in my 1st and 2nd houses. Pisces Sun, Sag Moon, Venus/Mars in Taurus..if it helps to know that.

P.P.S. Per star-lover's post, here are the details of my chart:

Sun Pisces 17°16'20 in house 5 direct
Moon Sagittarius 11°11'04 in house 2 direct
Mercury Aries 3°24'10 in house 5 direct
Venus Taurus 0°41'11 in house 7 direct
Mars Taurus 17°15'15 in house 7 direct
Jupiter Capricorn 4°53'19 in house 3 direct
Saturn Gemini 0°47'23 in house 8 direct
Uranus Libra 17°28'28 in house 12 retrograde
Neptune Sagittarius 5°15'21 in house 2 stationary (R)
Pluto Libra 1°04'30 in house 11 retrograde
True Node Aquarius 4°15'27 in house 4 retrograde

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Scorpio 0°09'31
2nd House Scorpio 28°41'25
3rd House Capricorn 0°23'59
Imum Coeli Aquarius 4°09'07
5th House Pisces 6°55'18
6th House Aries 5°50'51
Descendant Taurus 0°09'31
8th House Taurus 28°41'25
9th House Cancer 0°23'59
Medium Coeli Leo 4°09'07
11th House Virgo 6°55'18
12th House Libra 5°50'51

rainwolf

It happens with sun signs too, but I have no idea the purpose. I also have venus in scorpio and see it as intensifying situations unnecessarily sometimes, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Gemini Rising

I think it might just be the people we personally are attracted to.

My information:

Sun Libra
Gemini Rising (hence the screenname) but about 1 degree away from Cancer
Leo Moon
Mercury and Mars in Libra
Venus in Leo
Jupiter in Virgo
Saturn in Aquarius

I noticed the people I'm mainly attracted to are intellectually stimulating--MOST of my friends are air signs, 3 of them actually born on the same day as me. Either that, or they're just plain fun to be around, but then again, who doesn't love that? I'm not very sure of their chart other than their suns, since it isn't socially acceptable for a teenager to run around school asking for people's birth information.

It's strange, though--I keep thinking in my mind that with a charming sun sign, an outgoing, gregarious moon and a witty ascendant, I'd be popular...darn it! And despite all that, I'm really shy and reserved, not outgoing at all, and I'm constantly tongue-tied (that I know can be explained by my afflicted Mercury, but the rest I don't know).

Another strange fact--almost every single girl I've liked has been an Aries, with only two exceptions (I'm constantly infatuated with someone, something I'm trying to rise above, but it's hard, especially with my chart!). I guess opposites attract!

~Nicky

Grigori

The Venus in Scorpio energy in relationships has been discussed a couple times here. Seems to be a memorable experience in relationships for some reason }) This thread came to mind.

And I found this one also, on planets in dignity with of Venus in Scorpio as an example.

If I'm reading your details correctly GA seems like you would have your venus in opposition or there-abouts to people with Venus in Scorpio. Strange that that would draw thes people to you... though we are talking about Scorpio here ;)

star-lover

some things

1 - their venus will be in your first house - a sign that they are attracted to YOU, your looks, outer personality, way you come across and do things - a lovely aspect to have with anybody

if the degree of their venus is near your ascendant then the attraction will be much stronger

2 - possibly as similia said their venus will be opposite your venus/mars in taurus (depends how close the aspect is though) - two very strong attraction aspects (venus for love OR friendship and add mars in the mix then vavavoooom!) lol

3- venus is in your 7th house along with mars - venus is the 7th house (taurus) ruler as well and combined with mars (scorpios ruler) makes for a venus in scorpio *feel* so this is another reason why you are attracted to these type of people and why they would enter your life in the realm of relationships

when you get time go put your details in the thread at the top here

I agree its quite an intense theme, and now Im wondering how intense - ie I wouldnt be surprised if Pluto were involved as well somewhere, just as the icing on the cake of this theme

GoddessArtemis

star-lover said:
1 - their venus will be in your first house - a sign that they are attracted to YOU, your looks, outer personality, way you come across and do things - a lovely aspect to have with anybody
Yes, the attraction on their part seems to be very strong, so true!

if the degree of their venus is near your ascendant then the attraction will be much stronger
I checked one person's chart and their Venus is 1 degree away from the degree of my Ascendant...yes, strong..true. Brilliant, star-lover...how do you know all of this? :D
2 - possibly as similia said their venus will be opposite your venus/mars in taurus (depends how close the aspect is though) - two very strong attraction aspects (venus for love OR friendship and add mars in the mix then vavavoooom!) lol
Hehe...yes, in some cases, the vavoom is there!
3-venus is in your 7th house along with mars - venus is the 7th house (taurus) ruler as well and combined with mars (scorpios ruler) makes for a venus in scorpio *feel* so this is another reason why you are attracted to these type of people and why they would enter your life in the realm of relationships
I never knew having Mars in Taurus as well gives it a Scorpio feel. That's an interesting tid-bit...
when you get time go put your details in the thread at the top here
I have done; see above, please. :)
I agree its quite an intense theme, and now Im wondering how intense - ie I wouldnt be surprised if Pluto were involved as well somewhere, just as the icing on the cake of this theme
With Scorpio being my ascendant, my chart is ruled by Pluto...though now, since Pluto has been debunked as a planet, it might be less so, but Pluto aspects matter, regardless.

This is all very interesting to me. One of the reasons I posted about it, too, is that it seems most everyone I meet over the past few years has this Venus in Scorpio placement..and after a while, it's become a joke.

ME: Is your Venus in Scorpio, by any chance?
Other: Yes! How did you know?
Me: Oh, for gd's sake; what do you people WANT from me?

Btw, I don't know if this is a generalization, but the Venus in Scorpio people that I know thus far tend to be HIGH on DRAMA! Fun to watch, listen to, hear about...NOT fun to be involved with. My poor Pisces Sun can only take so much!!

GA

GoddessArtemis

similia said:
The Venus in Scorpio energy in relationships has been discussed a couple times here. Seems to be a memorable experience in relationships for some reason })
THAT is an undertatement, similia!

If I'm reading your details correctly GA seems like you would have your venus in opposition or there-abouts to people with Venus in Scorpio. Strange that that would draw thes people to you... though we are talking about Scorpio here ;)
Yes, with Venus and Mars in my 7th house in Taurus, seems like other people's Venus in Scorpio is in opposition to mine. That's why I don't get why they keep coming around...and not leaving!

A couple of other things about most of the Venus in Scorpio people, from my own experience:

1. They become VERY possessive of me, my time, my attention...and they can be VERY biting and...um...not nice (there are other words for it...), when they're feeling my attention is not all theirs.

2. I find that Venus in Scorpio people tend to have a penchant for being controlling or bossy, if you allow them--and if you don't (in my case, anyhow)...they become confrontational or at least competitive with me. Then I have to slap them back and say, "Hey, behave!"

3. They NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER forget a slight against them from me, no matter how small.

4. They need LOTS of love, they can never be loved enough (as a post said in one of the links you provided, similia)...and it can be so exhausting..that I have to pull away and recharge myself.

I know Scorpio in Venus is in detriment, but aside from the fact that my Venus/Mars in Taurus makes me very reliable, loyal, and devoted...which, of course, a Scorpio in Venus will LOVE (being that they are so possessive and jealous)...what else?

Sheesh!! ;)

GA

star-lover

GoddessArtemis said:
Yes, the attraction on their part seems to be very strong, so true!

I checked one person's chart and their Venus is 1 degree away from the degree of my Ascendant...yes, strong..true. Brilliant, star-lover...how do you know all of this? :D

that is a strong synastry aspect!! :) in the nicest and sweetest of ways - on its own its one of good friendship and/or romantic love

I know this because I know a little about astrology but mainly cos Ive used my relationship with you know who as a guinea pig in my astrology and tarot studies LOL! and theres synchronicity for you or whatever - he has 0 something scorpio rising and my venus is at the tail end degree of libra so I know from personal experience what a venus conjunct ascendant aspect feels like from my side

GoddessArtemis said:
I never knew having Mars in Taurus as well gives it a Scorpio feel. That's an interesting tid-bit...

No I didnt mean that - what I meant was having Venus conjunct Mars could have a venus in scorpio feel because Mars rules scorpio - but anyhow looking at your degrees for each they are not conjunct but quite far apart in taurus

GoddessArtemis said:
I have done; see above, please. :)

when you get time copy and paste it into the thread at the top of the astrology forum where everyones put their details for future reference:)

GoddessArtemis said:
ME: Is your Venus in Scorpio, by any chance?
Other: Yes! How did you know?
Me: Oh, for gd's sake; what do you people WANT from me?

LOL!! i was also going to say with those 2 planets in your 7th house (libra and venus's natural house) and you saying so many have venus in scorpio, whether they had a libra sun ??(because venus in scorpio is bound to be scorpio libra or virgo sign usually)

Persephone37

LMAO

We Pisces get well on with Scorpios and they know that. ;)
No don't worry, I am no Scorpio, just one who is involved with one.

Regards
Petra

star-lover

pisces with scorpio - think liz taylor and richard burton - swoon

heady and unforgettable