Dusserre Dodal - Tarot de Marseille

Apocalipstick

But I don't have two lifetimes. And frivolity, if you can afford it, can be quite liberating. Which, oh Quintessential Fool, shouldn't be a strange concept. ;)

Besides, if I own a deck, I'd like to use it. The Dodal, at that price, I'd want to enshrine.

It's just like books: I won't read the 2nd edition Fitzgerald Rubayat, but I will make notes in the margin of the $2.50 copy I got at an used bookstore.

Can we call time-in now?

gregory

Papageno said:
wait a minute Time Out............time out

:) now let me get this straight...........you can justify $638 for designer heels that would wear out in a matter of months but not for a deck of tarot cards that will last at least two lifetimes with proper care? :confused:
Quite !

I like you ! :*

I could be so rich....................

euripides

Papageno said:
wait a minute Time Out............time out

:) now let me get this straight...........you can justify $638 for designer heels that would wear out in a matter of months but not for a deck of tarot cards that will last at least two lifetimes with proper care? :confused:

Yeah but have you SEEN those shoes.... Even my toes would look beautiful in those...... Manolo who?

Apocalipstick

euripides said:
Yeah but have you SEEN those shoes.... Even my toes would look beautiful in those...... Manolo who?
Preach it, sister!

gregory

Good.
Go away and buy shoes.
More decks for the truly tarotical among us.... :D

Apocalipstick

LOL Your decks are quite are safe from me. I can't touch those shoes, so I covet from a distance.

jmd

wow - I think that at half that price, there's bound to be others willing to sell them!

gregory

For one second I thought....

.........then I thought NOPE, I LIKE it too much. (sorry jmd....) :D

But that would represent a profit of .......... :(
(I never could do percentages backwards - but A LOT !)

Mine cost under £10.....

Debra

Tulips! Fabulous Tulips!

Pricewise, it's tulipmania. What it turned out to be "worth" in this auction is so absurdly out of line with any reasonable assessment of its value in comparison with other decks, as a historical reproduction, with an ORIGINAL Dodal, etc. It's a good illustration of how value and market value are really different.

Now I'm again coveting a Jacques Vieville.

Papageno

:laugh: ROFLMAO!!!!

this f*****g thread is killllllllllllling me

I'm gonna pass out..................

later.........I gotta grab some dinner

:laugh: