Dusserre Dodal - Tarot de Marseille

gregory

At £321 it BETTER be. But worth it given the scarcity.

The buyer (in Italy) has bought some great stuff in the past - but looks more cards in general than tarot, sadly..... not someone here, I suspect ? though they have bought at vast prices from sellers like gotarot........

Abrac

I knew it would be going high but not that high. I feel better about not bidding now. At least I know I wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance. :D

Debra

Ha! US $628
I need a cup of coffee.

thinbuddha

This deck is not worth that much.

nope.

Alta

Yes, it is. Because value is determined by the willingness of the market to pay the price.

It is, I acknowledge, true that you personally (nor I) would not pay that much for it.

le pendu

OMG.. I CAN'T believe it went for that much.

That's unreal.

Congratulations kb2000, let us know when you come out of shock!

whipsilk

Well, I bid, but it went WAY over my price range. I agree with Marion -- its value is set by whoever is willing to pay the most for it.

That's GREAT for you kb2000! Have a wonderful time with your windfall!

Apocalipstick

Huh. Now if it would have been those 5-inch Louboutins someone else mentioned, I might've understood. Especially since at that price, they'd have been a steal.

Nice going with the auction, though!

euripides

Holy cow!!!!!!! And I thought it was out of my league at 100 !

Congrats KB2000, well done.

Papageno

Apocalipstick said:
Huh. Now if it would have been those 5-inch Louboutins someone else mentioned, I might've understood. Especially since at that price, they'd have been a steal.

Nice going with the auction, though!

wait a minute Time Out............time out

:) now let me get this straight...........you can justify $638 for designer heels that would wear out in a matter of months but not for a deck of tarot cards that will last at least two lifetimes with proper care? :confused: