HORARY: Will it happen?

alienprincess

I asked if K and I will reconcile. He's an old flame..

Anyway, I'm still new to horary so I would appreciate if anyone could help me out here.

I know the rising is a bit early, but if it's at least 3+ degrees it's okay, so I've heard.

Moon is conjunct Mercury. This shows that I am interested in talking to me and it would make me happy emotionally. Anyway, since the Ascendant is in Sag... I am represented by Jupiter.

Jupiter is also conjunct Mercury, this just heightens that I would like to communicate with him. Could this mean I'm more interested than he is?

Jupiter is in the 9th house along with Venus. I learned a lot from him, he was like my teacher. He actually got me into studying tarot deeper. Before I met him, I was already into philosophy, meditation, and such. However, he encouraged me tenfold to continue down this path and helped me learn tarot in the beginning so it's funny to see Venus in the 9th House as Venus is represented by him?

I've also heard the 7th house would represent him but there are no planets there.

Venus conjunct Saturn shows unwillingness to express feelings / holding oneself back.

All in all, I guess I would say their is a desire to reconnect, but it most likely won't happen. How do you all see this chart?

alienprincess

Chart attached here.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_23_will_k_and_i_reconcile.72025.7001.jpg
    astro_2gw_23_will_k_and_i_reconcile.72025.7001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 304

Minderwiz

I asked if K and I will reconcile. He's an old flame..

Anyway, I'm still new to horary so I would appreciate if anyone could help me out here.

I know the rising is a bit early, but if it's at least 3+ degrees it's okay, so I've heard.

Yes the chart is OK on this point.

alienprincess said:
Moon is conjunct Mercury. This shows that I am interested in talking to me and it would make me happy emotionally. Anyway, since the Ascendant is in Sag... I am represented by Jupiter.

Firstly the Moon is not conjunct Mercury. The Moon is in Sagittarius, Mercury is in Leo. But there is a separating trine. You might have meant to say that the Sun is conjunct Mercury but in that case you really need to ask about relevance to the question. Be careful. This is horary, not modern psychological natal astrology. The conjunction of Sun and Mercury is not automatically relevant (and neither is the separating trine between Moon and Mercury). Their only relevance comes from a relationship, if any, with one or both main significators. You have identified correctly that Jupiter is your significator. That means that Mercury is his (as it rules the opposite sign (and house) of Gemini.

So any aspect that relates to Mercury actually tells you something about him, not yourself.

alienprincess said:
Jupiter is also conjunct Mercury, this just heightens that I would like to communicate with him. Could this mean I'm more interested than he is?

Remember that Mercury is his significator, it's nothing to do with communication, in terms of this question. It's role is to stand for him, and tell you something about him.

Jupiter and Mercury are in the same sign and if you were using Whole Sign Houses, you could claim a weak conjunction, which would be mildly positieve. However even then it's not enough to effect the matter as they lie nearly 17 degrees apart.

alienprincess said:
Jupiter is in the 9th house along with Venus. I learned a lot from him, he was like my teacher. He actually got me into studying tarot deeper. Before I met him, I was already into philosophy, meditation, and such. However, he encouraged me tenfold to continue down this path and helped me learn tarot in the beginning so it's funny to see Venus in the 9th House as Venus is represented by him?

Yes Jupiter is in the ninth. You are right in your comments on the areas of life ruled by the ninth, though it goes wider than that. However if the idea of learning fits, especially in the context of the question then that's OK.

Venus is not his significator though, Mercury is. In a relationship question the querent (you) takes the first and the other party is assigned the opposite house - the seventh. So one thing to get used to is the opposite signs and their rulers. Venus would only be involved if Mars ruled the Ascendant (or the Descendant) - so the signs involved would be Aries/Libra or Taurus/Scorpio.

If Jupiter rules the Ascendant, it's either Sagittarius/Gemini or Pisces/Virgo, in either case the opposite sign is ruled by Mercury.

Mercury lies just outside the ninth but close enough to the cusp to be treated as ninth house in this case (the 5 degree rule) It would be closer still if you used Regiomontanus and it would be clearly in the ninth if you used Whole Sign Houses. I'll say a bit more about house systems later.

The point here is that both Jupiter and Mercury can be treated as ninth house, which bears out your conclusion above.

alienprincess said:
I've also heard the 7th house would represent him but there are no planets there.

No, but the house has a ruler - Mercury. You would normally (99%) of the time take this as his significator. There are some occasions when you might not do so but usually because the ruler is already in play as the significator of the querent. Note that that would never be the case in a relationship horary. The only occasions in a relationship horary would be if there was a planet in the seventh and the ruler was in some way impeded or afflicted - for example under the Sun's Beams.

alienprincess said:
Venus conjunct Saturn shows unwillingness to express feelings / holding oneself back.

Not in Horary. If Venus was a significator then it might signify that the person signified was delayed, obstructed, afraid, depressed or otherwise deterred from action. If Venus isn't a significator then the conjunction is irrelevant. It would say nothing about either party.

alienprincess said:
All in all, I guess I would say their is a desire to reconnect, but it most likely won't happen. How do you all see this chart?

What you should be looking for is any connections between Jupiter and Mercury and failing that Moon and Mercury as the Moon is your co-significator and in this question, it is also in the first house - your house. Ideally those connections should be applying aspects and are never separating aspects, as they relate to the past, not the future.

You need to look at your two significators in terms of their essential dignity or the ability of the person signified to act. Then look at their possible motivations to act by looking at the rulers of the various dignities in which the significator lies. These placements tell you something about their priorities.

Finally look at the accidental dignities of the significators as they indicate the opportunity to act (and act quickly). These are actually the most important part of the analysis

Their ability to act is signified by house placement and by factors such as being direct, and not afflicted or impeded. The ability to act quickly depends on their speed. This one is relatively less important.

So will you two reconcile:

You are Jupiter in the ninth - in Leo ruled by the Sun. Jupiter has essential dignity in Leo, where it is the triplicity ruler in a night chart. This isn't a night chart, as the Sun is also in Leo in the eighth (and so above the horizon) Some horary texts will tell you to treat Jupiter as being without essential dignity but I'm coming to the conclusion that the medieval writers were correct, by treating its triplicity rulership as relevant - you might downgrade it a little but you shouldn't treat it as Peregrine (no essential dignity)/

So you have moderate to weak ability to act in this situation. Thre may not be a lot you can do.

Jupiter is in the sign of the Sun, the Sun is also the day time triplicity ruler, so your very keen on keeping your personal development going.

Jupiter is in the Terms of Mars and the Decan or Face of Mars. Now Mars rules the fifth through Aries and the twelfth through Scorpio. I would think that of the two, it's the fifth house, which rules Romance, that is relevant, though it's possible that you have some residual twelfth house issues with grief or sorrow.

So he's a possible romantic interest but I think the underlying interest is more with romance than him specifically (though he may be the prime candidate).

Jupiter is not in any dignity of Mercury, so I don't see him as being a top priority as such - he sneaks in under the interest in romance.

Jupiter is in the ninth. That is not one of the strong houses - the four angles and the eleventh and fifth (the latter two are succedent house with major aspects to the Ascendant). But the ninth does come next (followed by the third) because although it's a cadent house, it has a trine relationship to the Ascendant and it's also the Traditional Joy of the Sun.

So the opportunity to act is there, if you want to try. Jupiter is Direct and Swift, action could well be effective But there is a significant drawback. Jupiter in Leo is in a mutually applyingsquare aspect to Saturn in Scorpio. That signifies possible delay, hesitancy, fear of acting, obstacles to acting or similar impediment.

So you have at least some motivation to act and you have some ability to act - but that might not be enough to overcome delays or obstacles or even your own reluctance to act.

It takes two to tango - you need to consider Mercury. Mercury is Peregrine - it has no dignity of it's own. It is in Jupiter's night rulership by triplicity so there's a weak to moderate interest in you.

But despite the reasonable house position, Mercury is impeded. It is Combust of the Sun. That is Mercury is so close to the Sun that it can't be seen. And the reciprocal is that the person signified by Mercury cannot see clearly. They are blinded by the Sun (metaphorically). He has little power to act and can't see to act, so while the opportunity is there he might miss it. even though Mercury is Direct and Swift.

Worse still Mercury and Jupiter are not currently making any aspect to each other. So at the level of the significators there's not much pointing to reconciliation.

However you should always consider the Moon. In this chart the Moon is in the first, so its role as your co-significataor is strengthened considerably. The Moon is angular, swift, and free from impediment. It's last planetary aspect was a trine to Mercury and it's next one is a trine to Jupiter. So the Moon offers what is called a translation of light. It carries the light from Mercury to Jupiter, even though the two are not close enough to form an aspect (which actually means that they have enough light to see each other.)

Usually the Moon in such a role will signify other people or events that 'conspire' to effect the issue. So there's a chance of some sort of reconciliation. But given the evidence of motivations don't take this as a guarantee of a long term relationship. It means that the opportunity will present itself to both of you and you then make of it what you can. That a trine is involved is a good sign but not proof of a 'Happy Ever After' ending.

Cast aside the doubts and fears and when the opportunity does present itself go for it!

Minderwiz

House Sytems in Horary

Although the injunction to use Traditional rulers should be followed for good reasons (the outers have no clear essential dignities) you have much more freedom with house systems.

Most Horary Astrologers use Regiomontanus because William Lilly used it. Lilly is seen as the 'father' of English Astrology and therefore the most accessible writer on Horary Astrology in the English speaking world.

However we have texts going back well before Lilly's time in the seventeenth century. Sahl Ibn Bashir and Masah'allah who wrote in the eighth century used Whole Sign Houses. Between them and Lilly, Alcabitus, and Campanus were used and I don't see any reason why you can't use Placidus or even Koch.

I started Horary using Regiomontanus. Recently I've changed to Whole Sign Houses because I find they work better for topical Astrology (and Horary is very much a topical analysis.) However that's a personal opinion and you're free to use whatever you want.