'The Answer is Simple Oracle Cards'

lightbug

I just got the new Sonia Choquette 'The Answer is Simple Oracle Cards' deck.
WHAT A beauty. The artwork on this one is *really* very different than her other decks (which tend to have a kind of strange modernistic look with colorful figures and shapes that I never "engaged" with). The illustrations here are GORGEOUS and detailed (I wish I could scan and show a picture of the cards! I don't have a membership here yet! :( -and I haven't seen any scans online yet)

The quality of the cover-art (see the page on Amazon) gives you an idea and shows the quality of the stunningly deep color-pencil illustrations on the 62 cards. Really charming, evocative and packed with tiny observations almost like a childrens' book but not condescending or simplistic. Whimsical pictures accompany clever messages. There is a marching troupe of tiny fairies tromping through a dark-twilight scene each carrying a little flower lamp glowing for "Spread the Light" and there is an AMAZING picture of two ladies meeting in a park in dense, misty-fog for "Clear the Fog". Each card is a real feast for the eyes and several of them made me chuckle (in a good way).

The deck is supposed to be used for elevating your spirit above fear and ego and "thoughts of the day" readings, problem-solving spreads and life-purpose readings are possible. The messages are "Simple Truths" and fans of Doreen Virtue's decks should like this Choquette deck (as well as non-fans who don't like messages which are too-specific or cloying.) - this one has a lot of depth to it. It resonated with me WAY more than any of her other decks.

:)

Anyone else have this yet?

BodhiSeed

Hmmm... this one sounds interesting Lightbug. Are the messages printed on the backs of the cards, or just in the booklet?

Aulruna

I have bought this deck recently and use it like other Choquette decks in advice positions or as summary cards.

The main message is printed on the cards (the cards backs all look alike, with the image that's on the box on them), and they do cover a lot of ground - from "Connect with your soul family" to "Say Sorry".

They have a strange way of being very blunt, yet gentle. I really love the way they work.

Have attached some cards to view.

Attachments

• answerissimple.jpg
    answerissimple.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,546

BodhiSeed

Thanks for the scan and the information Aulruna! Another for my cart at Amazon...

DragonFae

I have just recently purchased these cards and find the deck lovely and the messages helpful and accurate. Is anyone interested in exploring this deck more..by discussing individual cards or your readings with them?

lightbug

Thanks for those scans, Aulruna! :D

- If anyone knows a way I can post pictures/scans let me know! -- (The pictures themselves are REALLY pretty --a tiny bit hard to see them in the pictures but I'd give it a shot if I thought I could post 'em)

even though these have sweet drawings and straight-forward "meaning" printed on the cards I was kind of surprised, in the days I've used them -- how DEEP these cards actually are.

On some decks... sentiments like, "eat your vegetables" seems kind of dead-ended but there is a SECOND layer to these cards that goes above the mundane. I'm really enjoying the GOOD "reads" I get with the cards thusfar.

I got a duplicate card too... (which I take as an extra message for me-- lol) it was "Turn on the Light"
:)

WolfSpirit

Oh thanks for those scans Aulruna, this really looks interesting.
I have another deck by Sonia Choquette, I think it is the Trust Your Vibes deck, and I love it - not so much as an Oracle but more as a card for the day / booster (also called "self help" but I don't like that expression much). I also like the artwork in that one, but one deck with bright and simplified pictures is enough, and I expected this one to be more of the same.
But the artwork in the scans looks really promising :)
Comes at a good price too...

hunter

Upload pictures to photobucket. Then paste the "IMG code" into your post and it will turn it into a link. Weird...but it works...at least for me :-0

lunakasha

I am planning to order this deck from amazon, based on the glowing reviews on this thread and also from amazon customers. The cards look GORGEOUS (thank you for the scans, Aulruna) and it sounds like exactly what I need right now.

If anyone else wants to share, I would love to hear more while I await my own deck in the mail.

:heart: Luna

hunter

I have 2 Sonia Choquette decks. Soul Lessons and Trust Your Vibes. They are quite helpful in my growth....but...

I put off buying these decks at first after skimming some of her books and was glad I waited.

Sonia comes from a "just world philosophy". She believes we always bring the good and the bad on ourselves by our choices. I don't believe that, and this philosophy is often the cause of "secondary wounding".

To not use her cards would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but I need to be careful about using the cards. I don't use them when feeling fragile during an event that is truly out of my control.

Some of the readings for some of the cards, I have to totally disregard. The card itself is helpful though, if it reminds me of a reading from a Post Trauma book or self-help book.