Wisdom of the Hidden Realms

Miss Divine

lark said:
Oh, thanks..I emailed again and I'm going to email every week until they get sick of me. :(
I feel funny about using the deck with a card missing.

Yeah I can imagine. I've had it happen with MRP decks and US Games. They sent me an email back like almost immediately. I love service like that. I didn't know Hay House sucked in that sense.

lark

My first experience with Hay House, and so far I'm not impressed.
Any other time I've had a card missing the response from the publisher has been almost immediate.
So now I wait.

FatesLady

Aerin said:
Thank you thank you thank you.

It looks a nice deck, but it isn't for me: perhaps why it wouldn't show itself ;)..

It's the real people I don't think I could live with.

Me too, Aerin. They look so artificially posed and emotionless to me. Too bad because the images are nice.

oak_woman

I bought my deck from the Book Depository and it arrived yesterday. What a bargain :)

I really love this deck.

Those who are put off by the 'artificial poses' and real photography, well, I would have imagined myself being put off by those things, too. But in practice, the cards have something extremely original and appealing, IMO. They put me in mind of those Victorian set-up photographs where the subject has been asked to pose against an exotic backdrop. But rather than trying to emulate Victoriana, the models are obviously contemporary and the effect is extremely 'knowing' rather than a weakness. I think the reference works really well. The card titles are evocative, and I like the fact that they are not tied to any one tradition but touch on universal human archetypes and preoccupations. You might expect the titles to be a little cliched and predictable, but they actually delighted and surprised me.

And there is far more to each image than a model posed against a backdrop. Each time I look at them I see new things. There really is a wealth of symbolism to be explored in this deck.

All in all I can't wait to start working with the Wisdom of the Hidden Realms! I intend to start by copying Hearthcricket and arranging the cards into my own 'realm'. Thanks for the suggestion, HC :)

Aulruna

I received my Bookdepository order yesterday, too!

So far, I have only flicked through the cards, but really liked what I saw.

Miss Divine

I've had a few days to get acquainted with this deck now and have to say, I'm really impressed. I love it! I think this is going to become a favorite. I like this one much better than her Wisdom of Avalon (even though I still use that one once in a while too).

Do you guys use reversals with this deck like we're supposed to?

dvorah ophir

wisdom of the hidden realms

i have ordered thoes amazing cards last month and was supposed to get them allready last week,but no cards as yet-what a nerve recking thing-any way i could not stand the suspense and made another order-this time from the more relibele ,cheeper and faster bookdepository- had nothing but good resoltes so far with them, only did not know they had the cards and that is why i ordered them from abe seller dubble the price- and so so late.
now i am covered and should get them from one or the other or both-can give one as a gift to my mother or who ever will want-so happy!
without ever realy having them i am in love!
arent they beutiful?