Clow/Sakura Card divination.

Lillie

I got mine off ebay.

and to be honest you can 'read' almost anything, if you are so inclined.
Those little packets of sugar have been suggested in another thread.
Why would something from a cartoon be any different to the Tarot?
They are both cards.

You can play games with tarot cards, in fact in europe there are many packs made just for that. for a normal card game called tarot.

It's what you make of them that's important.
I find the Clow easy to get simple readings from. The names of the cards and the simple pictures seem to spark ideas in my mind.

I have done quite a few readings with them now and find from the feedback I get that they are very acurate.
I suppose they are not to everyones tase, but I really like them.

There is no such thing as real and not real, not in the sense you mean. The cards do not have to be based on anything to be real.
They are what you make them.

Something based on a TV show can be just as good as something with a thousand year history.

I like them, I can read them, and that's good enough for me. :)

Pollux

AAWW SHHEESSS!!!

Gotta have'em all!!!

No, well, a nice cute little deck of cards would do.
Catlin where are you!!! *cries out desperately*

I have always been a GREAT fan of Clamp's manga/anime, and as much as I felt that Sakura was their weakest and most... pathetic? mindless? un-prompting? un-engaging? (Yeah, I'm even making up words!) I still feel the cards would be fun to play with.

It really surprises me to see that so many of you use them for divinatory-like or the-like purposes...
In addition, I am not really surprises that someone summons "Charlies" though an anime deck (BEWARE OF ANIME AND VIDEOGAMES!!!).

Catlin get back to me !!!

I so so so so much want one!
It's sofrustating, I have the whole manga collection (in italian of course), and I was hoping that they put a card in the cover, just like they had done with X (another manga from Clamp, with a complete tarot deck that is STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL, especially if you read the story and know the characters and thus grasp the associations).

Anyone knows if an "X - 1999" deck exists and is sold anywhere?
The manga isn't finished yet but probably they have printed the deck as a stand-alone?

Pics here: http://ryen.net/tarot/x/

Lillie

Are these them?
Ebay item numbers. (just search the number)

Pollux

Yup, seems so.

*ponders*

Take it or not?
Argh!

Lillie

Go on......

You know you want it!

Gemini Rising

So if anything we read with doesn't have to be based on something real...I suppose it's perfectly acceptable for us to make up our OWN cards with our own pictures made by us just for us using whatever we want?

...I confused myself, but I hope you get what I mean.

Lillie

Yes.
That is perfectly acceptable.

Originally smeone made up the tarot.
When they did that they used lots of ideas and influences they had gathered during their lives. And they put it together into the Tarot. Noone knows who that was, but still, it must have been someone!

Since then people have been re-inventing it with their own ideas and stuff. Which is why there are so many decks.

A few 100 years ago Mme Lenormand did the same and invented her fortune telling deck, which has been reinvented a few times.

There are completely new oracle decks coming out all the time.
These are just invented by people, who base them on ideas and stuff they have.

Someone invented the Clow for the TV and now it exists, and I use it!

You can make up your own too.
That would be great.
You can base it on anything you like, or just on ideas in your head.

Gemini Rising

I personally think whoever "invented" the Tarot was channeling someone, or maybe was infused the knowledge by God. Who knows? I think God is where all our new ideas come from.

Lillie

I suppose that could be true.
I don't know.
I certainly wouldn't like to say that it wasn't!

But in that case everything is on an equal footing, isn't it?
The Tarot, The Clow, a deck I make, a deck you make.
All inspired by god.
It's a nice idea.

Efevria

Please !!

Please Lester !! Continue to translate the book !!

I am sure that these cards have some power and I really want to use them !!