Print on Demand Cards

philebus

I thought this might interest some of the card creators here:

http://www.thegamecrafter.com/home

They only produce a standard card size (poker size) but it would seem with no restrictions on designs or number of cards in a pack. While the product would have to be priced highish to produce for a profit, it looks like it might be the most affordable option for self publishing a pack.

Golden Moon

It's bene 5 month since I've been creating this *NEW* oracle game:). Hopefully they can help me.

canid

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely awesome! I wonder how they do it. They state the cards are the same quality as playing cards, & a 78 card deck is just over $10!

philebus

I know of at least one tarot pack due to be published this way soon. I shall be keeping an eye on that one as it will be designed for playing the tarot games. I've been told that it will use French suits but with the Italian trumps - thus, from a player's point of view, providing the best of two worlds. (I find new player have a lot of trouble getting used to the Latin suits - it is particularly common for them to confuse the swords and batons)

shadowdancer

looks like they may design larger card sizes in the future. One to watch. A very interesting service which might have a win/win issue attached in as much as creators who don't have initial capital could still publish.

I think for me, the finished product quality will be interesting and important. As it looks that is the unknown quantity for now, but if it is not to your satisfaction it would be easy enough to cut ties and try elsewhere?

No doubt there will be postings about this as time goes by where we can gauge the appropriateness of this for the tarot world.

Davina

HudsonGray

Just over $10?

I plugged in 80 cards (cover and a back card plus the standard) and 'no money', it came to $6.60 for the deck and $2.52 for the handling fee (which they say covers any 'extras' like packaging--but not shipping), for a total of $9.12 per deck. Ten decks would be $91.20. It doesn't say how much it costs to ship to you though.

Are they like Cafe Press, where they store everything till the items sell, and you don't have to store a boat load at your end?

tarotmama

Whoa! I will definitely be trying this!

gregory

The way I read it is that you post your cards and then people buy them... what I cannot work out is how you get the money.....

tarotmama

I think I would just order my cards and have them sent directly to me, rather than selling them on the site. I don't care for the boxes they package the cards in, so I would want to do something different.

It's still great! From the cost estimator it looks like I could get 50 decks printed for around $300!! That's a LOT cheaper than any other place I've looked. Of course, it will all depend on quality, I guess.

Now I can't wait to have time to finish my deck!!

Lillie

gregory said:
The way I read it is that you post your cards and then people buy them... what I cannot work out is how you get the money.....

They paypal it to you.

Which means paypal gets a cut too...