Tarot solitaire

crestou

Pour jouer au Jeu du Solitaire avec un Tarot de 78 cartes, il faut 45 cartes dans les Rangées et 33 cartes dans le Pot.
On forme alors sur le même principe qu'au Solitaire neuf Rangées au lieu de sept et six Piles au lieu de quatre.

Au cours du jeu :
Dans les rangées, l'ordre de classement est les atouts de 11 à 1 et le Cavalier de cœur; de 22 à 12 et le Cavalier de trèfle ainsi que de Roi à 2.
Dans les piles :
Pile Un à Quatre : As ,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Valet, Reine et Roi.
Les deux piles supplémentaires accueillent les cartes suivantes dans cet ordre :
Cinquième pile : Cavalier de Carreau, Cavalier de cœur puis les atouts de 1 à 11.
Sixième pile : Cavalier de pique, Cavalier de trèfle puis les atouts de 12 à 22.

Bonne partie !

crestou

To play the Game of Solitaire with a Tarot of 78 cards, you have 45 cards in the rows and 33 cards in the pot.
Then formed on the same principle as Solitaire nine rows instead of seven and six batteries instead of four.

During the game:
In the rows, the rank order of strengths is from November to January and the Cavalier in heart, 22 to 12 and the Cavalier King of clover and 2.
In the stacks:
One to Four Pile Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen and King.
The two extra batteries welcome the following cards in this order:
Fifth battery: Cavalier Tile, then heart Rider's assets 1 to 11.
Sixth cell: Cavalier of spades, then clubs Rider strengths of 12 to 22.

Good game

crestou

The sense of my approach is to combine the game of Tarot and the solitaire game to discover new pleasures of the card game.

Le sens de ma démarche est d'allier le jeu de Tarot et le Jeu de solitaire pour découvrir de nouveaux plaisirs avec le jeu de carte.

nisaba

The rules I've been playing since teh middle 1970s, are loosely based on Klondike Solitaire, or Patience, with a number of variations to adapt them for the different deck.

1) Instead of having 7 columns, I play nine.

2) Instead of alternating red and black in the columns, I keep each suit strictly to itself.

3) With the Majors, just as a King starts a new column in the Minors, only the Fool or card 11 (Justice or Strength, depending on the deck) can be brought to an empty column to start a new column. Then the Majors will run in strict numerical order.

It's a satisfying game that can take some time to play out, and gives you a lot of time with the images of the deck, enabling a lot of unintentional learning to happen, and allowing the cardstock to mellow without damage.

I've taught it to most of my students, many of whom still find it satisfying enough as a game to continue playing it years later.

crestou

Thank you, I see that in the USA alone the tarot has been around for several years already. I found no one who plays in France with your rules are very similar to mine. Thanks to Internet we can discover new passions.

The sense of my approach is to combine the beautiful and large maps of Tarot deck with the game of Solitaire to discover new pleasures of play.

Merci, je vois qu'aux Etats Unis le tarot solitaire existe depuis déja plusieurs années. Je n'ai trouvé personne en France qui joue à vos règles qui ressemblent de tres pres aux miennes. Grace à Internet nous pouvons découvrir de nouvelles passions.

Le sens de ma démarche est d'allier les belles et grandes cartes du jeu de Tarot avec le jeu du Solitaire pour découvrir de nouveaux plaisirs de jouer.

nisaba

<warm smile> It's also a brilliant way to break in a deck and get thoroughly comfortable with it.

BlueRosary

I didn't know there were different ways to play solitaire. I have been playing it the way I remember my grandmother playing it, but I was very young, so I'm pretty sure that I have mixed up the rules.

Kings start columns & Aces start stacks. King columns count down and have to go black on red or red on black. For Tarot I use disks & cups as *red* and swords & wands as *black*. The Ace stacks count up in the same suite. I don't move cards from the Ace stacks to King columns, but think Nana had some rule where you could do this. For the majors I have The Fool & The World start two stacks. The Fool's stack counts up and the World's counts down.

I can only play every 3rd card from my draw pile. I will cheat and shuffle my draw pile, I think I have to because I'm not sure if you can even win playing this way. Did any of this even make sense?

If anyone recognizes this completely mangled form of solitaire, please tell me the name so I can find out what the *real* rules are. :D

moderndayruth

Thanks for this one! A friend mentioned recently on boards here that her father played Solitaire with Tarot and i did wonder how was that done! :thumbsup:

nisaba

<grin> Now you've got a couple of different versions to try, MFR!

HearthCricket

moderndayruth said:
Thanks for this one! A friend mentioned recently on boards here that her father played Solitaire with Tarot and i did wonder how was that done! :thumbsup:

:D It is fun to see the various versions of how to play. My father knows numerous ways to play and we have always been inventive with my decks! lol