Amazon, What happened to you?

kakooii

I miss Amazon Japan. They were amazing and l loved the fact that you could pay cash on delivery. Mind you, I don't know if you can do that anymore.

Le Fanu

Faolainn Storm said:
It doubles the price of a deck or book, and takes forever.
I bought the Carta Mundi Dodal from French amazon. The deck cost 18 euros. The shipping (from France!) was 18 euros.

But I'm so addicted, I just had to click on *buy* anyway...

gregory

Amazon Marketplace has fixed postage charges. That's why some sellers there charge a penny for a book and then £2.75 for postage... (Ebay has gone that way too - much to my annoyance, as I am selling some expensive and VERY HEAVY books !)

(Don't get excited unless you are into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy...)

IheartTarot

gregory said:
Amazon Marketplace has fixed postage charges. That's why some sellers there charge a penny for a book and then £2.75 for postage

That is why when I see a book listed in AM by BD I go to the BD site and buy it direct for way cheaper. :cool:

gregory

IheartTarot said:
That is why when I see a book listed in AM by BD I go to the BD site and buy it direct for way cheaper. :cool:
That doesn't always work.. BD doesn't list everything on its own site that amazon lists. We have had words about this :mad: but....

Le Fanu

gregory said:
That doesn't always work.. BD doesn't list everything on its own site that amazon lists. We have had words about this :mad: but....
I found this out just last night. A deck clearly listed in Amazon Mktplace as at the Book Depository but nowhere to be found over there...

IheartTarot

Le Fanu said:
I found this out just last night. A deck clearly listed in Amazon Mktplace as at the Book Depository but nowhere to be found over there...

This happened to me with the Blue Owl Lenormand so I ordered it from AM.

The BD listings are iffy, try the author's name if you can't find the product title.

Le Fanu

IheartTarot said:
The BD listings are iffy, try the author's name if you can't find the product title.
Tried everything!

gregory

It isn't there. That was the one I had the *discussion* about. They said they don't list everything they have on amazon on their own site if it makes it uneconomic....

mysticmonkey

Well I know they process your order slightly slower than they used to because they want you to pay for the faster delivery. That does annoy me but if it's shipped Royal Mail then I'm generally happy.
If it's shipped using a company called "HOME" I'm less happy. I've found their drivers to be lazy and rude. They either chuck your parcel on the front doorstep or if you do actually get to the door in time all you get is attitude. Horrible company.