Amazon, What happened to you?

stpcarly

I honestly love my amazon.fr, I never ever pay shipping and I don't have any special deals. All books on amazon france are free delivery inside of france. That means if I want to order my son a 2€ book, I pay nothing for shipping. It is the only place I buy all my books and decks (unless they don't have them). And shipping is alway impeccable, I get it within two to three days of ordering, unless it states before hand it may take an extra day or two.

I even had a problem with the post here. I ordered books for my bday, I followed the delivery on amazon, it showed delivered. I went to the post and asked why my books were marked delivered when I did not receive them? They didn't know, so I emailed amazon and they kindly resent the books the post lost immediately. A few days after I got my new books, the post "found" my books and delivered them but I refused them since I already got them. I say "found" because it was obvious the package was open, amazon.fr doesn't use tape on their boxes. And I'm guessing once the person saw the books were in english, they had no interest in them and returned them to the post.

But amazon was so nice to me, even called me on the phone to discuss the problem and assure me they were sending me a new order immediately. So I have no complaints and have been dealing with them for ten years now. But it is the free shipping that keeps me going back lmao.

gregory

I love both amazon.fr and amazon.de. WHY amazon uk and US/Canada (especially Canada ! thank goodness for Indigo...) mess up such a lot mystifies me.

Moonbow

I have been using Amazon UK for years and I've never had a bad experience with them. They have always shipped on time, have helped me with a dodgy marketplace seller and refunded me. I find them expensive sometimes when compared to the Book Depository but then they can be more reliable in their description of the product than Book Depository have been. I always compare Amazon UK and Book Depository and mostly they are both selling the same item for the same price (P&P taken into account).

gregory

I'm really glad to hear it. I wish it seemed to work for me. It used to...

My most recent experience was with a new book I ordered in August - they said it was in stock. Then they said it wasn't and would be delivered by Sept 9. This extended by degrees till the expected date was Oct 25, at which point I cancelled (they refunded) and ordered elsewhere - it was to be delivered to my mother who needed it for a course she was doing.

Two days ago she rang to say a book had been delivered. There was an invoice with it (which is odd, as they emailed me two days later to say they were ABOUT to deliver it and it had been paid when I ordered it... ??? - but still) - and that instead of being what she needed, it was "extracts from" - luckily the other - with the same (allegedly) ISBN had arrived two days after I'd found it used elsewhere.

Not to mention the time they emailed me to say that email gift certificates were out of stock. :confused:

Maybe they just hate me.... :D

Moonbow

It all comes down to percentages and relativity Gregory, you probably use them more than I do :D. So by the law of Murphy you will have more bad experiences. The only way to counteract this is to not buy so much, then your experience of them may be better. :neutral:

gregory

I used to use them a lot. This was my third purchase this year - the other two were email gift-certificates - one of which was out of stock ! :( Oh well....

I use abe mostly. I love USED !

Oh - I lie. I do have Em's Sidhe on pre-order. As far as I know that was the only place to DO that !

greycats

I order stuff from Amazon US in 25 dollar lots so I don't pay shipping. Free shipping means you pay in terms of time (week to 10 days) which is okay by me. The only real trouble I've had in over 10 years of fairly heavy use is that Amazon sometimes will give up on an item that is late in coming from the publisher. They cancel the order and then you have to scramble to find the item elsewhere. This has happened to me three or four times in ten years. I can live with that. ;)

mac22

I'm a fan of Amazon US. :) I'm a prime member fast shipping. Customer Service resolves issues quickly...even with 3rd party vendors... and their homemade shipping envelopes.:D

I recently bought a Kindle 3G wireless.... Fast ship..I became a convert in 2 days.... Hehe.

As for decks... no prob here....

Mac22