the Nightmare of choosing the first deck..

Carla

Just pick one you like and buy it. Wait a couple of weeks and buy another one. If you find any of your decks languishing, trade or sell it. No worries! :)

gregory

Flaxen said:
I came to the conclusion that I'm not a one-deck woman. :D
*cough*

But - go with what calls you. And no deck is EVER 100% the right one. (well,OK, I haven't found the card in the Pagan Cats which doesn't work for me YET, but it must be there...)

DamePoplar

gregory said:
But - go with what calls you. And no deck is EVER 100% the right one. (well,OK, I haven't found the card in the Pagan Cats which doesn't work for me YET, but it must be there...)

it IS there, you must have dropped off some cards....

gregory

I know - but I can't find it :) Every SINGLE card looks BRILLIANT so far ! I ADORE that deck. If I didn't believe you have to go for the deck that speaks to YOU, I would say this is absolutely the one to get !

(You do realise that what I meant was that however hard I try, I haven't found a single card in that deck that grates, not that I lost any ?)

SloughSister

You've mentioned the Sidhe twice, and many people here love it - it is gorgeous, and by one of our own AT'ers. Perhaps you'd like to start with that one? Then you can see how it moves you and consider from there.

DamePoplar

gregory said:
(You do realise that what I meant was that however hard I try, I haven't found a single card in that deck that grates, not that I lost any ?)

yes I was just being mean...sorry

-

I'll keep you updated on which one I eventually buy..if you've got some old decks you don't know what to do with, you can always send them to me...I mean it's better than leaving them in a dusty corner ..just saying lol

gregory

DamePoplar said:
yes I was just being mean...sorry
Oh don't apologise - I actually thought you were being supportive ! If I'd lost a card from that deck I would be GUTTED !!!!!!!

Well, no, I would buy another copy. It's THAT good !

KMilliron

Buying a deck isn't a life commitment though. If I get a deck and find that I don't have a connection with it Ima just give it to someone interested in learning.

Le Fanu

linnie said:
Don't quite understand why, but I'm intrigued by which 5 decks you truly love, Le Fanu!!! :)
What I mean is that when you click with a deck - and it doesn't have to be one deck - it ends up getting overridden by the imagery itself and the sense of a system recedes (well it does with me, anyway), if you know what I mean. I feel comfortable with all "systems" though the Thoth is the one I invest most time in nowadays, and the Marseilles is very much a looser systems based on *me* :)

I am a little tired of RWS-ness right now, but it's phases and I know I will come back to it thinking "how on earth did I get tired of this??"
caridwen said:
If you are interested in elementals and astrology, I would opt for the Thoth.
Can I just add - this unnerves me rather - I am crap at astrology and please don't ask me about elementals. But I love the Thoth and it gives me the deepest readings. Imagine what it would be like if I understood elementals and astrology!

(BTW, so as not to go off topic, if you want to see my favourite decks, it is in my profile.)

caridwen

Le Fanu said:
I am crap at astrology and please don't ask me about elementals. But I love the Thoth and it gives me the deepest readings. Imagine what it would be like if I understood elementals and astrology!

I am also useless at astrology and am trying to learn about elementals. I have done readings based purely on astrology and elementals and they have been amazingly accurate.

Sometimes it's worth just picking a deck and learning everything you can about it. :)