I have given up journaling altogether, you?

Tiddles

I need to go back to my journaling, I like looking back at my past readings and seeing how my knowledge has evolved since then.

Wintergreen

I kept a diary for years - a journal repository of thoughts, feelings, major events, sketches, but fell out of the habit a few years ago. Since beginning to study the tarot in a serious way (ie: obsessively), I've kept a journal of readings I do for myself, along with random musings inspired by the cards. It turns out to be similar to the way I did it before, but through a tarot-coloured lens. I don't get fussy about pens or journals: I pick up coloured gel-pens that write well and relatively cheap small journals with colourful designs.

I rarely go back to read my diaries, maybe glance through some of them once every couple of years. I imagine it will be the same with the tarot notebooks.

I've also been slowly working to develop an index of what the cards mean to me, with keywords, astrology, numerology - anything that seems relevant – I've been working on this on the computer, so I print it out on cream-coloured paper and put it into a really posh leather 3-ring binder. I annotate in black ink when I have things to add.