My "proof" that Tarot is special

Chiriku

I guess I'm telling this story because it's an example of something I'd always been skeptical about, even pooh-poohed, and then I tried it...and I got a sign. I was like the Tarot skeptics who get that first reading and see something meaningful. Even if it's a tiny detail...a tiny event with HUGE implications.

Argh, now I'm second-guessing myself for telling this story. I REALLY don't want to threadjack this into a religious discussion but this is what I thought of when I considered my faith in Tarot.

That was a marvelous story--thank you for posting that here. It gives everyone food for thought, no matter what they think about tarot or prayer.

shadowdancer

well...

my mum died a few years ago. On the drive home, through a flood of tears I approached two rainbows in the same location, just outside of the estate where she lived. Even more amazing was the fact I saw the end of the nearest one, in the field at the side of the road. It made me smile, as I saw that as perhaps telling me she was actually okay, and happy for once.

A few days later, I was starting to question my take on seeing the two rainbows simultaneously, and decided to draw some cards to ask if she was okay and happy etc.

Well, the first two cards each had a rainbow on them. I was blown away. It made me check most of my decks for rainbows. Very few decks had them - very few indeed. And no deck had two cards that showed rainbows.

I cannot remember which deck it was I used as I had a cull and it was one of the ones I traded. It is on the tip of my tongue so I may edit this post when I remember.

Could it have been coincidence? Maybe. I have not seen a double rainbow since, but the fact the first two cards drawn had rainbows? Nah....

The other time a rainbow cheered me up was when my nan died. I knew she was happy so didn't have the same concerns I had with my mum, but when arrived home there was the hugest of rainbows spanning my house. Honestly, as you drove up, it looked like my house was bang in the middle of it.

Davina

EyeAmEye

My proof comes from my complete misinterpretation of a few years worth of self readings that are now manifesting in a way that validates all of them, even if I had completely misunderstood them at the time.

Alta

I actually try and keep the stance "the cards are actually random but we just read the stories into them", but honestly again, and again and yet again the absolutely perfect card for a situation comes up and I don't have to read anything into it, it is just there. That is proof enough for me.

Rosanne

I agree with just about all the poster's comments on this thread, my proof is a little more like in the 'kitchen' or 'Garage'
Why would someone keep and use something that did not work? Thats my proof.
I looked around my house tonight thinking about this 'specialness' and apart from an antique clock, very pretty and not working, there is nothing in my house that is useless- even the paintings have a working and successful purpose.
It is special because it works. So it stays and gets used.
~Rosanne

DownUnderNZer

"Proof" for me is through "feedback" either about the past, present and what comes to pass as a future thing, also, when a sitter resonates with what is being said. :)

Darklilly

Proof to me is both the accuracy with which the cards can speak and also drawing the same cards repeatedly for a connected group of questions or life situations.

I too would get a headache when reading too long. Once I spent the whole day reading for a friend with very complicated love life and that was rather unpleasant, like long school hours. It also depends on the way of reading. Sometimes I just read the cards, but other times I just go on talking without thinking (stream of consciousness way), using the cards only as a guide. I get very cold and shakey after a reading like this (those tend to be my most accurate readings, though)

Mermaid Queen

I always get "burned out" and even get little headaches.

But they go away after I step away from the cards and drinking water.

tarotcognito

My relationship with Tarot is such that proof doesn't matter. I am fortunate in that neither my income nor my self-esteem has anything to do with Tarot divination. However, strange as it may seem to some, Tarot is a map of the microcosm as well as the macrocosm and the interrelationship between them. It is absolutely without fail in its depiction of these interrelationships.

It cannot, however, produce the winning numbers in the lottery. It is therefore not an instrument which can predict the future, except insofar as it can, with the help of the reader, extrapolate current and past information into future probabilities.
Could not have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

You should start charging your groupies a penny everytime they repost one of your quotes. :p

Luna-Ocean

There is something very mystical about Tarot cards that even i can sometimes get spooked about it's accuracy, many readers have probably predicted things like illness and death and it became true in a reading as i had found out in my early days of learning Tarot, i think its that power of knowing what the cards can do and predict that keeps us all fascinated.