Experience from a tarot reader just now

kellyshay

My friends have been telling me about this reader for more than a year now. They all said that she is very accurate and everything she said have came true..She can even see people that has passed away..
So I thought why not..I made a booking with her..and today I went to see her..
She is a very friendly person and her house is very comfortable. She invited me into a room and sat me down..she handed me her cards and told me to shuffle it and separate it in half when im ready..So i did that and she asked me which half I wanted to choose for her to read....So i went with the one on my right. (During the shuffling, I purposely not ask any question or think of anything at all..Kept my mind blank)

She started putting out cards on the table without any spread at all..and just keep putting it out..( During the whole reading process, I didn't say a word or given her any confirmation as to if she was on the right track as I wanted to test her and see if she was the real deal)
She started by telling me I have a great communication skills so I should be using that to my advantage. I should be doing something that I can use my communication skills..
She started telling me I would be a good travel agent or an air hostess which by the way are the things I wanted to do when I was young..but not anymore..
Then she started saying that I am very intuitive and I have very strong sixth sense. I can see the future..like an old gypsy..She said that my mind is connected to heaven and that I could receive a lot of messages..
She started saying that I could be a reader if I wanted to..She said I have the gift to be a reader...She said that I am a nurturer and that I love helping people..She said I could do this at home over the internet...She then pointed to the high priestess and said that I have a lot of spirit around me that is helping me do this

She also told me things about my husband and me and my kids which are all accurate..but its not relevant here.. :)

I am so suprised that she could say all that when I didnt say anything at all! Its true that Ive been studying tarot and wanting to be a reader that work from home..
This reading have given me a confirmation of what I'm suppose to do in life!
Its funny how she was reading the cards too, she totally ignored the card's meaning and she read the pictures! She was using the Ancestral Path Tarot but she is not using all the cards..some cards a missing from the deck!..

ravenest

Some people read like that ... some people seem to be able to do it from holding a ring someone owns ... and some people bluff with some of the statements she gave you.

But , of course , its up to you , as you know the intricate details of your own life and can compare to what she said.

Not sure about someone not dealing a full deck though (the slang implications :laugh: ) but ... whatever <shrug>

IMO (and the little I know of you) I think you would make a good reader ... you at least have a good overall attitude..

{How is that gorgeous bub of yours going? }

Chimera Dust

Well, I guess it's up to you to decide whether it's accurate to you or not. For me, statements about spirits and heaven wouldn't mean much because they're things I can't verify (and I'm an agnostic) but if it's in line with your belief system then I guess that's fine. And of course, where details about your personal life are concerned, those are more verifiable.

As an aside, the "like an old gypsy" thing sounds pretty stereotypical and offensive to me. I'm not sure why people would assume that elderly Romani people would necessarily be more prone to seeing the future than anyone else. They're not from an entirely different species of magical elves.

AJ

Kind of funny to pay good money to find out what has already happened in your life... :)

canid

Why would you purposely keep your mind blank & not give her any info regarding at least the area of your life you want to know about? OK, I get it, as a test. Would you go to your doctor & make him/her guess at your symptoms to 'test' their abilities? You would have gotten much more verification about her validity if she had had some sort of path to go down, & possibly some advice. If she advertised as being a psychic that can connect you to dead aunt Agnes, then yes, it would have been appropriate. Yes, some people just want a general reading & that's fine, but I would have been offended & sent you to someone else if you told me up front what your primary goal was. But that's just me.

Theta Choir

kellyshay, it sounds like this was a very positive experience for you, so I'm happy for you. I think the important thing is that it has inspired you to keep pursuing your own spiritual path and to deepen your knowledge of the tarot. Good for you! :)

Have fun on the journey!

Mercury066

Why would you purposely keep your mind blank & not give her any info regarding at least the area of your life you want to know about? OK, I get it, as a test. Would you go to your doctor & make him/her guess at your symptoms to 'test' their abilities? You would have gotten much more verification about her validity if she had had some sort of path to go down, & possibly some advice. If she advertised as being a psychic that can connect you to dead aunt Agnes, then yes, it would have been appropriate. Yes, some people just want a general reading & that's fine, but I would have been offended & sent you to someone else if you told me up front what your primary goal was. But that's just me.

I agree.

I understand your need to filter people. We live in a world where, sadly, a lot lies are told. But entering the reading with that type of thoughts in your head can do a lot of blocking.

I don't know this person. So there is no way for me to tell if she is a "candy reader".

Mercury066

theboomz

This conversation about "keeping your mind blank" seems inane to me, but I'm open to the possibility that I'm missing something key, here. What does it matter if she keeps her mind blank? Is that s0 the reader can't read her mind????

Mind reading is still psychic, no?

Holly doll

I can understand the desire to "test" the card reader - there are many out there who will lie to clients, rather than coming from a place of integrity & authenticity. Please understand where I'm coming from - when you become a reader you'll come across this as well... Maybe you'll get a little miffed too *gentle smile*

From a readers perspective, it can get somewhat annoying... What we do isn't a sideshow game, it's taken - & still taking me - many years of passion, study, work, & questioning - to hone my skills so clients reap the benefits. I tend to roll my eyes & sigh (internally of course) at clients wanting me to "prove" myself over & over, who maybe want to play games; or feel better about themselves by "fooling" a reader. What they do is block the energetic flow - for themselves - so they may miss out on some helpful information. I've ended sittings & requested clients leave when I've encountered this - I think it's disrespectful for our time & expertise - yes we get paid; but that doesn't mean we allow gameplaying... I wouldn't go to my dentist & demand they guess which tooth aches, or expect a doctor to guess my blood pressure - IMO it shows little regard for the years taken & energy expended to get where they are...

Most readers get clients like that from time to time - it helps you to weed the wheat from the chaff when screening clients...

ravenest

Well ,lets just ASSUME why kellyshay kept her mind blank shall we ( SHE didn't say why - you did)... and then criticise her about our own assumptions ... I mean ... REALLY!

And then get huffy about what she did ... when it was you that assumed it :confused: