Feedback chuckle

nisaba

Chocolate can last for thousands of years; they've found it in Egyptian tombs still ready to eat. Like Twinkies.
Twinkies in pyramids? That sounds like a good name for a band!

I'm pretty sure cadburys goes off in days, if not hours after a good blast of summer heat. No lasting for thousands of years, there. You might be thinking of the cocoa bean, which bears the same resemblance to modern chocolate as I do to a racing car.

Vitamite is an Aussie thing, isn't it??
Sounds like a sugary American breakfast cereal, or a vitamin supplement to me.

You know the song, 'Down Under', right? Vitamite sandwich?
VEGEMITE sandwich. The word sounds utterly different. You had me going there for a while.

I thought it was some sort of smearable byproduct from making beer.
Vegemite is the Food of the Gods. It's not a by-product of anything. :)

Maybe I spelled it wrong.
And pronounced it wrong, too. I read in sound ...

Here is the film clip. There is a bit of glorious, ancient, traditional Australian Folk Dancing in it. Starts at or around one minute thirty-six seconds. Study this carefully - there will be an exam. It's a little-known fact that no matter what kind of a visa you have, if you don't do this dance at our airports, the customs and emigration staff won't let you into the country. Straight back into an aeroplane for you. Study that dance - you will need it.

nisaba

I suppose vegemite is a spread like peanut butter, but you only use the tiniest bit,

WAEKLINGS only use the tiniest bit. You should be able to spread about half a tablespoonful on one piece of toast. The toast needs to be hot, though.

canid

Vegemite is the Food of the Gods. It's not a by-product of anything. :)

Is too!!! "In 1919, following the disruption of British Marmite imports after World War I and prior to the introduction of Vegemite, Callister's employer, the Australian company Fred Walker & Co., gave him the task of developing a spread from the used yeast being dumped by breweries. Callister had been hired by the chairman Fred Walker. Vegemite was registered as a trademark in Australia that same year. Callister used autolysis to break down the yeast cells from waste obtained from the Carlton & United brewery. Concentrating the clear liquid extract and blending with salt and celery and onion extracts formed a sticky black paste."

Now I have to get some.

ETA: GREAT video! But I cannot dance a step without tripping.

FLizarraga

Are the marbles inside the kangaroo testicles before they cut them, or are they put there after? :bugeyed:

nisaba

Are the marbles inside the kangaroo testicles before they cut them, or are they put there after? :bugeyed:

Where else do you think marbles come from - trees, or libraries, or glass-factories or something?

FLizarraga

Where else do you think marbles come from - trees, or libraries, or glass-factories or something?

NOW you've done it! "nisaba has murdered sleep, and therefore Flizzy will sleep no more.”

prudence

For the record, I am pretty sure Twinkies would last for a few thousand years, especially in a Pyramid.

I'm serious, I have eaten a Twinkie or two in my youth. I'm still burping up that flavor.

Rosanne

Hmmm the hoarders card eh?
Maybe that card was teling you to buy a BIG Square 4x4 Case instead of a handbag.

Anyway I sympathise. I now have tiny handbags- that can fit only credit card case, coin purse, lipstick and phone and pen/notebook. Me, now as pure as the driven snow in consideration of handbags. Mind you your method will deter smash and grab attacks, and it can become a lethal weapon instead.
~Rosanne

FLizarraga

That stuff was not all in your purse.

File this under , "you know you're a reader when..."

Do we have a thread like that?

When you start doing readings for your purse.

WHERE'S THE LIKE BUTTON WHEN YOU NEED IT?????????

FLizarraga

Hmmm the hoarders card eh?
Maybe that card was teling you to buy a BIG Square 4x4 Case instead of a handbag.

Anyway I sympathise. I now have tiny handbags- that can fit only credit card case, coin purse, lipstick and phone and pen/notebook. Me, now as pure as the driven snow in consideration of handbags. Mind you your method will deter smash and grab attacks, and it can become a lethal weapon instead.
~Rosanne

Not to mention the gross out factor. "Out, mugger, or I'll smash this kangaroo scrotum on your FACE!"