Energies of certain decks

foolMoon

I feel strong energies from older decks such as 1973 Richard Gardner TdM deck.

The strongest energy I feel from a deck is my Thomson-Leng deck from 1935, which is about 80 years old. The deck has been well used, and had several previous owners including a few professional tarot readers in the past before it came to me.

I can feel some kind of weird energy all around each card. I quickly put it back in the box, then hide it in the draw after doing the readings.

PrincessPaulina

I do believe that objects can retain energy, "memories" and intentions -- this is one of the reasons that I'm so drawn to antiques and vintage dolls!
But while it may be possible to come across a deck with dark vibes, I doubt this would happen with a brand new deck.

I have a 1978 Tarot Gran Esoterico deck, which I bought used. I can certainly sense the previous owner's vibes, but this a quality that I appreciate about the deck!
If anything, the energy is gentle and a bit wistful; a little sad.
It makes me want to treasure the deck and keep it safe -- I have my suspicions about the previous owner, and am full of respect and good will for "him".

Regarding "dark" decks, I don't necessarily agree that they attract base energies in and of themselves: a lot depends on the Reader's/Querent's intent.
Some people (including myself) believe in working through the "shadow" sides of life, in order to integrate them with the "light" sides.
For such soul work, decks like Dark Carnival, Deviant Moon, and Bohemian Gothic have proven invaluable to me!

Though there may be pure Evil in the world, I think the concepts of "good" and "evil" are simplistic, and generally overused...

Alta

While not actually a strong believer that decks can have energies, well..... I have a used Thoth deck that Kiama found for me ages ago. It is pretty old, badly printed and to say it was well used is understatement. The cards are fairly soft and at some point someone had a go at the Devil card. I may well be projecting but I feel as if the previous owner really loved that deck, and while I have several copies of the Thoth, it is only copy that I actually use.

PrincessPaulina

Forgot to mention a core principle of attraction (which I've seen play out in my own life): we tend to attract what we fear.

If I'm frightened, worried, upset, offended or depressed -- this is the energy I am projecting, and so it is also the type of energy that I'm likely to attract.

Similarly, a person's REACTION to a specific deck (either to the imagery, or "vibes") probably puts out more energy, than the actual cards/images themselves.

I may be captivated by a "dark" deck with "base" energies -- and in keeping with my sense of wonder, I'll receive beautiful readings with it!
While another person may be frightened and put off by the same deck, worried about attracting "negativity" by using it -- so of course, that's what will come to them.

Perhaps you should try to see the beauty/joy/light/inspiration in the Klimt deck -- it may surprise you!

FLizarraga

That's a VERY interesting point, PrincessPaulina! :)

You have made me finally want to read with my Baphomet deck. Face that darkness and squeeze some good out of it.

ravenest

Forgot to mention a core principle of attraction (which I've seen play out in my own life): we tend to attract what we fear.

So much for the so called 'Law of Attraction' then (not that I believe in that). I fully accept either way may play out in one's own life ... it is the 'we' that could confuse some.

YOU may attract what you fear ... others may attract what they want ... we ???? Well, that depends doesnt it ?

A lot of these 'new age teachings' (if that's what this is) seem projective IMO.

If I'm frightened, worried, upset, offended or depressed -- this is the energy I am projecting, and so it is also the type of energy that I'm likely to attract.

Nice " I statements " :)

Similarly, a person's REACTION to a specific deck (either to the imagery, or "vibes") probably puts out more energy, than the actual cards/images themselves.

Probably since the cards themselves put out no energy but reflected light and radient heat (if you had them on your person)

I may be captivated by a "dark" deck with "base" energies -- and in keeping with my sense of wonder, I'll receive beautiful readings with it!

'I ' s :)

While another person may be frightened and put off by the same deck, worried about attracting "negativity" by using it -- so of course, that's what will come to them.

:( Well, frightened is a loaded word. I am not frightened by the horrible deck I linked too ... I could do a reading with it without attracting that energy ... but do i really have to explain why I dont want to ??? And it isnt because ' thats what will come to them'. I dont think that by not liking that deck , I will be eviscerated.

PrincessPaulina

So much for the so called 'Law of Attraction' then (not that I believe in that). I fully accept either way may play out in one's own life ... it is the 'we' that could confuse some.

YOU may attract what you fear ... others may attract what they want ... we ???? Well, that depends doesnt it ?

A lot of these 'new age teachings' (if that's what this is) seem projective IMO.

Nice " I statements " :)

Probably since the cards themselves put out no energy but reflected light and radient heat (if you had them on your person)

'I ' s :)

:( Well, frightened is a loaded word. I am not frightened by the horrible deck I linked too ... I could do a reading with it without attracting that energy ... but do i really have to explain why I dont want to ??? And it isnt because ' thats what will come to them'. I dont think that by not liking that deck , I will be eviscerated.

Have "we" hit a nerve, hmmm?

ravenest

MOST certainly - I think some call it the 'speak for yourself' nerve. Or the 'what applies to one does not apply to all nerve' ... there are probably some more ... like the 'royal we' nerve ( that seems to come into play when the I nerve isnt working too good :)

PrincessPaulina

MY worldview does include a collective aspect.
The "Law" of Attraction (if ONE were to believe in it, which I do) would be a "Law" because it applies universally to "all";
Karma is another "universal" concept.

If "you" have discovered a secret to being exempt from "Universal Laws" -- please, share!

Oh, and here's a side note that may REALLY tickle that nerve:
I'm not convinced that, in the long run, there's really a difference between "I","You", and "We"!!!
Its really all the same, in "MY" opinion.
(I know, quite radical even in New-age speak...maybe more Zen or Buddhist, really?)