Halloween!

Glass Owl

I have a orange cloth with leaves on it but nothing that screams Halloween. I totally need to make a spread cloth, I would love something with ghosts or a graveyard. That would be perfect for the Bohemian Gothic.

I love the scent of pumpkin. I have some pumpkin lotion which I love. When it gets closer to Halloween, I like to light this amazing Spiced Pumpkin Candle (oh wow, now they have a limited edition Charlotte's Web one, "All things Halloween with Licorice & Candy Apple undertones") usually while I am reading. I don't put it anywhere near my cards though. I just want to smell it, not set my cards on fire.

Grizabella

Walmart always seems to have a good variety of Halloween fabrics this time of year. A length of that, or even of two separate prints to make it reversible, would make cute spread cloths if you frequent Walmart at all. Otherwise Joann's Fabrics probably has some good ones, too.

Speaking of that, Walmart used to have (a year or two ago) fabric rectangles bundled bundled together for quilters called "fat quarters". Those are the perfect size to make Tarot bags out of if anyone is interested in making a set that's coordinating but not matchy-matchy.

And the Dollar Tree always has a lot of Halloween stuff that's fun, too.

nisaba

I had no idea! You really celebrate it in the spring?

Nope, I celebrate it in Autumn, since it's a seasonal festival <grin>

I'm in the Southern Hemisphere, remember. When your half of the planet is tilted towards the sun (summer), my half is tilted away from the sun (winter).

nisaba

Till then I have an orange tablecloth with bats all over it that I'm going to put on my table. Not much, but it adds atmosphere. :)

<nodding> Appropriate. For me, orange is the colour of death for a whole raft of reasons, and bats, which their power of flight, could symbolise the soul taking flight out of the body.

Phoenix11

I've already starting thinking about Halloween and the coming autumn.. my favorite time of year! I'm out of town until the end of the month, but will start decorating shortly after I get back.

Every year, I buy a book at Barnes and Noble of scary/ghost stories... they put together a compilation of short stories in a big hardcover book. I just bought mine this week :)

I also love all the pumpkin-scented items at Bath & Body Works.. my favorite is the Sweet Cinnamon pumpkin candles.

Oh, can't forget the pumpkin-spiced lattes from Starbucks! It comes out Sept. 1 in case you're wondering ;)

I like to use my Halloween tarot deck...also the Bohemian Gothic... I just bought the Dark Goddess deck and am just getting acquainted with that...I think it will be a good deck to read with this time of year.

Martha Stewart has a Halloween decoration I've always wanted to make, but never have... this might be the year ;)

http://www.marthastewart.com/911323/witch-and-cat-lawn-ornaments

Halloween

Did someone say Halloween? *g*

Grizabella

Well, it's about time you showed up, Halloween! We've all been waiting impatiently! :p

Rhinemaiden

I was thinking about Halloween the other day (I generally put out Halloween decorations on Labor day).... I have small ceramic pumpkins (lit by battery operated tea lights), Halloween Pez containers (Dracula is my favorite), and to keep this completely on topic, my favorite Halloween tarot/lenormand decks:

-- Halloween Tarot (this year I'm using the mini in the tin)
-- Chronata's Haunted Lenormand

(and for November 1st, Starlight's Day of the Dead Lenormand)

Boo! })

Nica

This year I am going to use:

Halloween Tarot (duh!)
Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Wormweird Tarot
Day of the Dead Lenormand
Vertigo Tarot (of course...)

Grizabella

Pssst!! We've got exchanges going on for Halloween in Games and Fun sub-forum. Better go check it out. I'm very glad they'e letting us do exchanges again for this holiday! :D

I posted this thread and it got me to thinking about the exchanges we've had for Halloween in the past and I asked if we could do it again. Our mods said okay! :heart: