The Black Light BOTA

agviz

How do you think BOTA cards would hold up to Copic markers? They are refillable, and have an awesome color range, including neons.

I would assume that they would hold up well, although as always a test would be good. I'd also confirm that the Copic fluorescent colors do indeed glow under black light (assuming you want to maintain that look). Some products that say they're neon or fluorescent don't glow under black light, but are labeled to indicate that they're especially vibrant in normal lighting.

If you do try Copic and they work well, please report back!

Barleywine

Fascinating. Almost looks like the Zolar and the Albano Waite had a baby! Just kidding, these are amazingly vibrant. But I haven't seen a blacklight in decades, and if I recall they give me headaches.

nicky

I had this in my hot little hands last week and it is fabulous!!!

agviz

Well thanks... and yeah I could tell you liked it when I had to wrestle it out of your hands. ;) Seriously, I'm very flattered that you like it!

The Second Sunday Meeting was so much fun and a great learning opportunity. Everyone there is so cool and willing to share. Highly recommended to anyone in the Chicago NW burbs!

nicky

Well thanks... and yeah I could tell you liked it when I had to wrestle it out of your hands. ;) Seriously, I'm very flattered that you like it!

The Second Sunday Meeting was so much fun and a great learning opportunity. Everyone there is so cool and willing to share. Highly recommended to anyone in the Chicago NW burbs!

Thanks! right back at ya!

gregory

Agviz - how many packs of sharpies did you need ? Walmart has them on special this week, and the deck is on its way to me...

Someone has complained that the card stock is flimsy, so I may not do the backs....

agviz

Agviz - how many packs of sharpies did you need ? Walmart has them on special this week, and the deck is on its way to me...

Someone has complained that the card stock is flimsy, so I may not do the backs....

I checked my marker collection and saw that I have two sets of Sharpie Neons (5 each), but I could have sworn I went through more than that. Perhaps I bought two sets, but then purchased individual markers as they ran out. Maybe you should buy three sets to get started and see how well that covers you?

A reminder that if you want to simulate skin tone, check out my previous comment about Stablio markers.

I think it's the black Sharpies for the backs that really took up the most ink and had me buying lots and lots of markers. I lost track of how many I went through.

gregory

I checked my marker collection and saw that I have two sets of Sharpie Neons (5 each), but I could have sworn I went through more than that. Perhaps I bought two sets, but then purchased individual markers as they ran out. Maybe you should buy three sets to get started and see how well that covers you?

A reminder that if you want to simulate skin tone, check out my previous comment about Stablio markers.

I think it's the black Sharpies for the backs that really took up the most ink and had me buying lots and lots of markers. I lost track of how many I went through.
I might not do that ! I'll worry about the Stabilos later (they may even have them too, actually...) - I did see that - but it was the others being on special that galvanised me ! Thanks.

agviz

I might not do that ! I'll worry about the Stabilos later (they may even have them too, actually...) - I did see that - but it was the others being on special that galvanised me ! Thanks.

If you're like me, you'll find this lots of fun and a bit enlightening too.