Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I've bid for (but never won) a deck; I've sold a deck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've never bid for a deck; I've listed (but never sold) a deck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gareth.

A concern.

Do you feel that the risk of getting second hand decks may influence readings?Its just a thought.If you simply want to collect packs (and I can think of people who do that ) thats okay.Maybe though there is a concern but Ill take advice!

April

I've purchased quite a few decks on Ebay, some too cheap to pass up. I like waiting a week for the auction to end. That gives me plenty of time to change my mind so I don't buy anything in the heat of the moment.

I've never sold anything only because I'm too lazy to take a trip to the post office.

Peace,
April

April

Re: A concern.

gareth. said:
Do you feel that the risk of getting second hand decks may influence readings?Its just a thought.If you simply want to collect packs (and I can think of people who do that ) thats okay.Maybe though there is a concern but Ill take advice!

Probably half of the decks I buy are second hand and it doesn't seem to affect my readings. Of course, I constantly have other people touching my decks. Not that I don't think that any object can carry a person's energy, but a quick cleansing might do the trick if I felt residual badness }) on a deck.

Peace,
April

xviiirkna

I've only ever had one problem with buying a second hand deck from eBay - the deck was so musty it smelled like it had been buried in a dank basement for 25 years. I tried all the helpful tips that I've ever seen offered up on various forums, but I think it's forever permeated with this smell. Still, I like the deck and don't want to toss it into the trash...so I store it double wrapped in zip lock freezer baggies so the condition doesn't spread. ;)

I love eBay and have gotten some super fantastic deals there. (not just Tarot) I don't scour the listings constantly, so I'm sure there's a lot of nifty 'Buy it Now' options that get grabbed up before I would have a chance to see them.

I've never had any problem with a seller either - I *always* check the feedback and if there's negative feedback that sounds like a legitimate complaint (rather than some crank customer just blowing up) then I just skip bidding on the item at all.

I've never sold on eBay, but my mom does sometimes and has been pleased with how the transactions went. (however for the sake of clarification, these were non-Tarot items)

Blessings,
Sally Anne

Ann7822

Recently "won" the Fairy Circle on eBay for $6. and am looking forward to its arrival!

Never have sold anything there, but thinking about it. I have, however, bought LOTS although this is my first tarot related purchase. I have never had any problems with any seller so far (in 3 yrs.)

Knock on wood.

Ann *S*

.... and yes, it is totally addictive. *sigh*

... 250 packs?? wow -

amyel

E-bay confuses me and every time I go there, I am so happy I have high speed cable.......

Gee Rusty - all your polls seem to tax my brain lately... :)

Shade

My power to restrain from buying on ebay has grown over the last few years. I have only ever purchased one tarot deck there, the PoMo and I got a very nice price for it.

These days people mainly seem to start the bidding at the price they want for the item which I find disappointing. There is also, I believe, a great deal of inflating of the prices of shipping.

Kit

To buy decks on e-bay, you must have a credit card. To have a credit card, you must have credit. To have credit, you must have money. :(
This is the only reason I don't buy on e-bay. It's not that I'm worried about security stuff with personal details or anything...
Raeven

April

Raeven said:
To buy decks on e-bay, you must have a credit card. To have a credit card, you must have credit. To have credit, you must have money. :(
This is the only reason I don't buy on e-bay. It's not that I'm worried about security stuff with personal details or anything...
Raeven

This is a common misconception. Not that I'm trying to encourage you to spend money, but my brother's friend was trying to tell me the same thing. My PayPal account transfers money directly from my checking account. I, as well, don't have a credit card. Also, there are some sellers who will take a personal checks or money order.

Peace,
April

WolfSpirit

April, I think this can only be done by people living in the USA. Or it would cost a lot in transferring the money from a bank account to a paypal account. At least, that is what I think.