Tarot Dice - I just received a set

willowfox

What a shame, difficult to use and exorbitant postage has put me off as well, $70 is daylight robbery. A priority mail envelope is only about $12 to anywhere in the world.

gregory

Papageno said:
that's outrageous, is it the same seller from my link?
Yes. I suppose they may well be quite heavy - and I do know US postage has SHOT up lately - to cover the cost of security. I would rather risk receiving a bomb, personally, as I really don't think anyone plans to send me one, but........

PS I doubt if they would fit in a priority envelope, to be fair.......... and those have gone up too.....

Papageno

gregory said:
Yes. I suppose they may well be quite heavy - and I do know US postage has SHOT up lately - to cover the cost of security. I would rather risk receiving a bomb, personally, as I really don't think anyone plans to send me one, but........

PS I doubt if they would fit in a priority envelope, to be fair.......... and those have gone up too.....

the plastic tube and it's contents are NOT heavy at all.......that's just just plain predatory greed

well.......they lost sales.......serves them right

shadowdancer

I think I will ask my partner to just cut 26 pieces of wood into cubes and I will mark them myself. 2 sets of 13 dice will allow for combinations not possible if only one set was used.

Also, depending on which way the upper most symbol lies it can bring about interesting interpretations:

Upright as normal
Reversed as normal
facing right could indicate look to the future for that aspect to make itself apparent

facing left could indicate the answer or issue has roots in the past which need addressing.

Just a thought, but will give it a go anyways.

Davina

silverwings94

tarot Dice

I have a set that I purchased but haven't done much with them. I'll have to bring them out and play with them.
Silverwings94

Papageno

silverwings94 said:
I have a set that I purchased but haven't done much with them. I'll have to bring them out and play with them.
Silverwings94

I'd be very interested in hearing how you work with them

Dwaas

I told this particular seller that the postage cost is way too high. She immediately changed it to an acceptable level. Don't remember exactly how much but I was happy with the deal and my dice. Give it a try and send her a mail and ask for a cheaper way of sending. The dice are very interesting and are great for shaman-like working, taking one or two dice from a bag. The suggested spread thing that comes with it is useless imo. :)

willowfox

Dwaas said:
I told this particular seller that the postage cost is way too high. She immediately changed it to an acceptable level. Don't remember exactly how much but I was happy with the deal and my dice. Give it a try and send her a mail and ask for a cheaper way of sending. The dice are very interesting and are great for shaman-like working, taking one or two dice from a bag. The suggested spread thing that comes with it is useless imo. :)

Just one question, are the dice heavy and chunky like gaming dice, you know, like do they have a solid feel to them?

Mabuse

Mantegna based dice

This is sort of related. I've discovered it's possible to have a Mantegna themed set of five role-playing dice corresponding to the Platonic solids.
The sum of all the sides (4+6+8+12+20) will equal 50.

willowfox

Mabuse said:
This is sort of related. I've discovered it's possible to have a Mantegna themed set of five role-playing dice corresponding to the Platonic solids.
The sum of all the sides (4+6+8+12+20) will equal 50.

How do they work?