Why is my Tarot Deck lying to me?

sleepingcat

Debra said:
Boxxle, my friend, welcome to my world, where the cards always always always tell me what I hope and fear, and when I ask for more, stick out their little cardboard tongues and tell me to use my free will.

Debra, I'd like to frame this and hang it on my wall.

Sophie

magpie9 said:
This method's been working for me for over 40 years now, I recommend it highly.:thumbsup:

When reading predictably for myself, especially on a emotional or biased issue, I Write the reading down as I go. It detaches me from it enough for it to be very clear and not reflect my mind's treadmill, or hopes or fears. It also gives me a record of my personal readings that I can check back on and see how I was accurate (or NOT) and where I took a card in a different aspect than how it was actually meant. It's been an amazing learning method for me over the years.
What a great idea! I don't do it systematically, alas - but I've noticed that whenever I write it down, reading for myself becomes a wonderful learning experience for me, about myself, my life and the future I want to shape.

Free will is important: but free will doesn't happen in a vacuum, and a predictive reading, well interpreted and approached in a serene frame of mind, will give you the framework in which you are able to exercise your free will.

Sulis

magpie9 said:
This method's been working for me for over 40 years now, I recommend it highly.:thumbsup:

When reading predictably for myself, especially on a emotional or biased issue, I Write the reading down as I go. It detaches me from it enough for it to be very clear and not reflect my mind's treadmill, or hopes or fears. It also gives me a record of my personal readings that I can check back on and see how I was accurate (or NOT) and where I took a card in a different aspect than how it was actually meant. It's been an amazing learning method for me over the years.

This is what I do too and it works.
I love looking back at older readings, there is always a great deal to be learned with hindsight.

sharpchick

Sulis said:
This is what I do too and it works.
I love looking back at older readings, there is always a great deal to be learned with hindsight.

So true, Sulis.

6 Haunted Days

Fudugazi said:
What a great idea! I don't do it systematically, alas - but I've noticed that whenever I write it down, reading for myself becomes a wonderful learning experience for me, about myself, my life and the future I want to shape.

Free will is important: but free will doesn't happen in a vacuum, and a predictive reading, well interpretated and approached in a serene frame of mind, will give you the framework in which you are able to exercise your free will.

I always write down self-readings as I go along as well. It stops the racing chain thoughts that occur if I only write it down later. It slows it all down and the insights are much more profound and connected, at least for me. Other things might work better for others. Reading for myself is a deep spiritual act and time for me and really enriches my life.

magpie9

6 Haunted Days said:
I always write down self-readings as I go along as well. It stops the racing chain thoughts that occur if I only write it down later. It slows it all down and the insights are much more profound and connected, at least for me. ..snip....... Reading for myself is a deep spiritual act and time for me and really enriches my life.
Well said, 6HD.
I think that part of what it does, when done in this way, is give ourselves the mental/emotional SPACE that we automatically slip into when reading for others. In so doing, we honor ourselves and our needs as much as we honor the needs of those who come to us for readings. It's really easy to slap a few cards down on our own situation, and then read them in a sloppy off-the-cuff keyword kind of way---and get garbled information. Well, in a garbled reading, that's what you get. We'd never do that in a reading for another; and I think we shouldn't in a reading for ourselves, easy and tempting as it is.
LOL, it's sort of like the shoemaker's barefoot children..!

magpie9

Debra said:
Boxxle, my friend, welcome to my world, where the cards always always always tell me what I hope and fear, and when I ask for more, stick out their little cardboard tongues and tell me to use my free will.
:D That's wonderful, Debra! I'd like to get this done up in nice lettering and stick it up on the wall for some classes I'm putting together on various aspects of reading.---it's perfect!

edited to add: May I?

Debra

magpie9 said:
:D That's wonderful, Debra! I'd like to get this done up in nice lettering and stick it up on the wall for some classes I'm putting together on various aspects of reading.---it's perfect!

edited to add: May I?

But of course! I is flattered!

balenciaga

I agree with the post that said your girlfriend wanted to be a mother.:) And I agree with you, BMan, that the king RX showed you did not want this to be the situation.
That said, I have had the mirroring effect happen to me. One way to get around it is to not ask your cards any specific questions, but allow your subconscious, through your cards, to spit out what you need to know. This has to do with strong surrounding energies, which you will pick up on, and your willingness to let go (a more objective stepping back). So you are less ardent of a seeker:)
Let tarot do the talking is my motto:) You be the interpreter.

MareSaturni

I believe the pee test is much better than tarot. Been there, done that. Once i freaked out because i thought i was preganat, but after the first two readings i noticed i was way too emotional...i'd see a baby there no matter if i got 5 of Swords, or the Empress, of the Tower, or the Fool...everything told me: 'baby in womb', so i decided to pee on the stick. Got a negative and moved on, lol.

Since then, i took better care of myself and made sure i wouldn't have this problem again.

As for reading for others...i'll preferably read only if the person wants the baby. For unwanted preganancy, i'll first tell you a good preg test to buy. Sometimes in life we need to go to the point directly, instead of freaking out for a whole week before doing something objective. Specially if it's something that's under our will, such as buying a pregnancy test.