Fake a reading

Baroli

Hmmmm.

3- card pull.

The Sun, 10 of cups, 10 of coins.

Interpretation: [size=+2]YES - YES- YES!!![/size]

There,...I've just faked a reading. :D

so, was it good for you??? :smoker:

My point is that even when I am "practicing" I am still giving a real reading, I can't fake something like that.

le fey

I'll have some of what baroli's having...lol!

"faked" readings are a great way to practice without the pressure of needing to be right. Read for the people posting to advice columns... read for novels you've not finished yet or movies... or yep, role play characters.

I taught an interested but leery friend the basics of Tarot by reading together at the end of each episode of a series we were watching together on DVD (one with bizarre plot twists and lots of character interaction) and we actually pegged pretty well what would be happening next, motivations behind character's choices, etc. It turned into a really pleasurable deep blend of Tarot practice and critical analysis of the show's season and added greatly to our enjoyment of watching the series.

Practice should be first off all fun and creative - so read for whatever and however it tickles your fancy. You're spending time with your cards. Its all good.

Lillie

Baroli said:
Hmmmm.

3- card pull.

The Sun, 10 of cups, 10 of coins.

Interpretation: [size=+2]YES - YES- YES!!![/size]

There,...I've just faked a reading. :D

so, was it good for you??? :smoker:

:D

Very funny!

SarahRose

I think it's a great idea and I like the idea of doing it with movie characters!

Dark Windy Nights

I read for characters in novels all the time, or for the plot. Also I do readings about the authors motivations and inspirations, it's been very satisfying and enriching.

I have read for pets and stuffed animals too. At first you may feel silly or stupid, but it passes. And this habit really does help you practice and become much better, besides being fun.

AngelC

Flavio said:
Bloudweed: You can also read for events happening in the news, a couple days later you can "confirm" how your reading showed development of situations, this includes politics, celebrity gossip or whatever gets your attention.
This is what I've done too when I've felt an urge to read.
It's nice to be able to follow the outcome of a story and compare to what you saw.

Nisha

Some great ideas here for 'practice' tarot readings. Thanks.
The plush toys from my childhood now have renewed purpose. ;)

~Nisha :)

elenamhs

You might consider reading Donna Eden's "Energy Medicine Kit" which gives some exercises for shielding, balancing and grounding.

Good luck!

Bloudwedd

well since I am a pagan I should know the basic stuff I am just being ignorant. "It does not happen me-syndrome".... But thanks for the tip! I have a look at it!

raeanne

Hi all,
I have a bit of a problem with the concept of doing “fake” readings. There are so many ways to do “real” readings that I don’t see why anyone would need to learn how to fake it. Since so many people accuse Tarot readers of being fake anyway, why practice doing that? Maybe I am splitting hairs over the definition of the word “fake” but I think it is better to practice “real” readings. I wouldn’t necessarily call a reading for a stuffed animal “fake” unless you truly intend to just make things up. I have a stuffed animal that I have had since my very first Christmas. This dog has been a part of my life for so long he has his own personality. Doing a reading for him is not “fake” unless I decide to turn it into that. The only reason I can see for someone practicing fake readings is if they want to learn how to scam people. Readings for fictitious people can still be “real” readings. I guess it all depends on the individual.