Fake a reading

HarleyQuinnX

It really depends on your concept of "fake." Well, the reading is real. You are actually interpreting the cards as you see them. But just for a "fake" or "non-present" client. You do miss a few things, like client interaction and the possibility of asking for more clarification on your reading, but you get the chance to say things out loud and develop your reading style.

starrystarrynight

I like reading for newsworthy situations (and we do that sometimes here at AT about items currently in the news--down in the Your Readings section.) We have read about missing persons and about what may be the next big news item to hit the airwaves...that kind of thing. (It got to be eerie in the Madeline McCann threads at how many times the same cards came up in the readings offered by different AT members...)

But what I was going to say is that you can also exchange readings with others at your "level" of expertise or experience in the Reading Exchange section here at AT. That will give you practice. That won't give you face-to-face practice, but you can sub the teddy bear for the querent while you are doing the reading for the actual AT client, and get practice saying the reading out loud.

There is a huge difference between typing in a reading and articulating it in a normal voice (at least for people who are as shy in a face-to-face setting as I am.) But I don't see anything wrong with doing whatever you need to do to get in some practice time...As long as you don't end up using it as a crutch somehow.