What card for a theft?

Esk

Hi everyone.

What card have you had for a theft? I'd really like to have your opinion on this. I ask this question because this week end someone stole my wallet and I've not seen anything about this event in my cards.
Usually I associate thefts with 7 of swords, if I'm not wrong it's a traditional meaning of this card. but I've seen it nowhere in my readings. 2 days before the theft I've asked how will be my week end. The cards were good and the reading seemed to say things will go fine and I'll have a lot of fun, which in partly true because I visited a good friend.

There's only 2 cards that puzzle me a little but it's difficult to relate them to a theft.
First it's the 3 of wands rv. I drew this card at the beginning of the month, for my monthly reading, in the “finance” position. At that time I interpreted it as I will have some financial issues because of a lack of planning (I suck at this) and also perhaps, because I had to buy a lot of train tickets to travel here and there.
The second one is the 2 of wands. I had this card at the end of the reading I've mentioned above, when I asked how will be my week end (the other cards were more about me and my friend so I won't post them and I think it's not allowed in this section). I had a hard time to interpret it. I thought maybe it was about pondering on my week end, taking distance from things. I used the shadowscapes and that's what the picture inspired me, but even then I wasn't sure.
Now I try to see if there could be something about a theft with the 2 and 3 of wands but I don't really see a link. Maybe I missed something. What do you think? And usually what card do you have as a warning for things like that?

Thank you :)

Rachx

Upside down Magician - someone trying to trick you- maybe more in love readings - signifies a player and 7 swords. 6 pents maybe as a reversal?

Esk

Upside down Magician - someone trying to trick you- maybe more in love readings - signifies a player and 7 swords. 6 pents maybe as a reversal?

I completely see how the Magician rv could mean a player, I've seen it in love readings like you. And it could also fit her with my case too, because someone talked to me, trying to distract my attention while another person stole my wallet.
I understand the 6 of pentacles rv too. If upright the person gives, reversed they can take.
Thank you for your input :)

Thirteen

I'm very sorry for the loss of your wallet! That sucks, and I know it put a sour note into an otherwise good time. I hope you were able to stop credit cards and that you didn't lose much money.
There's only 2 cards that puzzle me a little but it's difficult to relate them to a theft. First it's the 3 of wands rv. I drew this card at the beginning of the month, for my monthly reading, in the “finance” position. At that time I interpreted it as I will have some financial issues because of a lack of planning (I suck at this) and also perhaps, because I had to buy a lot of train tickets to travel here and there.
It could certainly also relate to theft. The card can relate to "investments" meaning giving money to someone, expecting it to return to you with interest. But as we know, sometimes the people you trust with money run off with it instead. 3/Wands rx could indicate that, along with all the other travel issues, going on this trip would lose you money (i.e. the wallet).
The second one is the 2 of wands.
If you did something like a Celtic Cross, then the last card (2/Wands) is a summation of your entire week. And big as the loss of your wallet was, it only happened for one minute in that entire week, and took up only a certain amount of time out of your having a good time with your friend.

2/Wands is about decisions. About where you're going to put your energy. And you did have a decision there, at the end of the week, about how to spend your energy. How much energy to put into the loss of the wallet over enjoying the time you were having with your friend. Some energy, of necessity, had to be put into the situation with the wallet. But it's up to you, in the end, to decide if you'll let that theft ruin the entire week.

And yes, usually Theft is indicated by 7/Wands. It can also be indicated by 5/Wands if it's more direct. And by 5/Pents if it's severe enough that you have to rely on other people to help you out. There are other cards that can relate as well, like 3/Pents rx, but that's more a "robbery" of your work (say, a paycheck or something you made).

Barleywine

I completely see how the Magician rv could mean a player, I've seen it in love readings like you. And it could also fit her with my case too, because someone talked to me, trying to distract my attention while another person stole my wallet.
I understand the 6 of pentacles rv too. If upright the person gives, reversed they can take.
Thank you for your input :)

My first reaction beside the 7 of Swords was the Magician. But here's another thought about the 3 of Wands: I've always thought the RWS version of this card looks like someone who is so engrossed in his own affairs that he has turned his back to the outside world, leaving him open for someone else to sneak up behind him. Sounds appropriate here.

Esk

Thank you for your take on this Thirteen, it's really valuable.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your wallet! That sucks, and I know it put a sour note into an otherwise good time. I hope you were able to stop credit cards and that you didn't lose much money.

Thank you it's nice :). I've cut my credit card quickly so I think all is fine. I've lost only the cash. I'm annoyed mostly because I have lost my papers too.

It could certainly also relate to theft. The card can relate to "investments" meaning giving money to someone, expecting it to return to you with interest. But as we know, sometimes the people you trust with money run off with it instead. 3/Wands rx could indicate that, along with all the other travel issues, going on this trip would lose you money (i.e. the wallet).

Thanks it's a very interesting interpretation and i understand well what you mean. I can imagine the boat sailing away from the man with all his merchandises without him being able to do nothing.
And also you're right I have been stolen during a trip so it could have been a warning after all.

If you did something like a Celtic Cross, then the last card (2/Wands) is a summation of your entire week. And big as the loss of your wallet was, it only happened for one minute in that entire week, and took up only a certain amount of time out of your having a good time with your friend.

It was not a celtic cross, it was the last card of a 3 cards spread with no position. The weird thing to me is that no card predicted the theft clearly, the other cards were about having fun. But now I remember that the same night I was doing some readings with 2 other people. One of them drew the 7 of swords at one point. The question was not about me but this person is very open to spiritual things and maybe the card was for me and not him, and he didn't really relate to it actually.

2/Wands is about decisions. About where you're going to put your energy. And you did have a decision there, at the end of the week, about how to spend your energy. How much energy to put into the loss of the wallet over enjoying the time you were having with your friend. Some energy, of necessity, had to be put into the situation with the wallet. But it's up to you, in the end, to decide if you'll let that theft ruin the entire week.

I completely understand this and it makes sense. I remember that I thought exactly this, that I had to choose between staying angry at myself and frustated, or being able to enjoy the week end despite what happened. I chose the last because this is a friend I don't see very often so I was very pleased to spend some time with her.

yes, usually Theft is indicated by 7/Wands. It can also be indicated by 5/Wands if it's more direct. And by 5/Pents if it's severe enough that you have to rely on other people to help you out. There are other cards that can relate as well, like 3/Pents rx, but that's more a "robbery" of your work (say, a paycheck or something you made).

Thank you for adding this, I'll add this into my notebook.But for the 7 and 5 do you mean wands or swords?

Esk

My first reaction beside the 7 of Swords was the Magician. But here's another thought about the 3 of Wands: I've always thought the RWS version of this card looks like someone who is so engrossed in his own affairs that he has turned his back to the outside world, leaving him open for someone else to sneak up behind him. Sounds appropriate here.

Wow thank you for this, it makes so much sense! I was completely in my own world, waiting to enjoy my near meeting with my friend. And the imagery can depict well what happened after all. Thank you :)

nisaba

If you have been reading about specific questions, prehaps your deck didn't have an opportunity to say anything about the deck. For example:-

A year or two ago I did a reading for the mother of a friend of mine. She had several specific questions involving real esate, and we looked at that. A few days later she had a car accident and went around telling everyone I wasn't a good reader because I didn't predict it. What? How could a spread about property investment possibly reflect a car accident?

Esk

If you have been reading about specific questions, prehaps your deck didn't have an opportunity to say anything about the deck. For example:-

A year or two ago I did a reading for the mother of a friend of mine. She had several specific questions involving real esate, and we looked at that. A few days later she had a car accident and went around telling everyone I wasn't a good reader because I didn't predict it. What? How could a spread about property investment possibly reflect a car accident?

Ouch, I hope you didn't lose the friend, and your reputation wasn't damaged. I've noticed some people believe that tarot readers have an almighty power and a tarot reading will tell them anything they need and want to know in just few cards, regardless of the question asked. But I don't blame them, I had the same expectations the first time I had a tarot reading. I asked about an exam and studies. And suddenly I wanted to know if the reader saw any boyfriend in the cards. She looked at me a little annoyed and answered “ And how could I know? it's not your initial question, the cards don't answer that one”.

Here it was general readings. I asked “How will be my week-end” to keep the reading open. For the monthly reading,i always do one with a simple card for each big area of life (job, love, health, etc.) The 3 of wands rv was in the “finance” position.

Arania

Sure you didn't lose the wallet? That's how I'd interpret the wand cards.