Deck of 1000 Spreads—New Spreadcrafting Tool

schmedrake

Honestly, I'm not picturing it. But I do like your idea of just choosing from the cards you'd want to read on anyway.

I'll read it all again and see if I can figure it out. But if not, just that trick of narrowing the choices down is a good idea. I tend to have pretty good luck with random draws, but I know some people have commented it did little good for them.

And Carla, thanks! Hopefully I can this up tonight.

FallynRaiyn

OK, FallynRaiyn, I re-read it and I think I got it...haha. Here's the story:

http://www.1000spreads.com/2013/04/a-tip-for-those-divining-spreadsand-new.html

And Carla, here's yours:

http://www.1000spreads.com/2013/04/a-tip-for-those-distracted-by-words-on.html

Thank you so much, ladies! I'm running out of NEW things to write on that site every week and this helped. Once I run out of new things, I'm going to start putting old things. And nobody wants that...haha.

AWESOME! I really feel privileged to have been acknowledged on your site. Thank you! And yes, pretty much exactly what I meant. I've also been having trouble making time to do tarot, and this has helped immensely. It's really easy to sit down for a minute or two with this spread and add more cards to it, let it soak in for a bit, then add more cards. It becomes a running sentence and the details get changed every time I add a position/tarot pair based on the cards below them. I can leave it for a bit, and because of the position titles I can get right back into it. Perfect for a single mom with too little time.

Ladyoflosttimes

I'm not sure how many beginners are actually buying the deck. It seems to be appealing to a more savvy audience.

And I laughed when you said you'd never use the Card of the Day card. I have no excuses for that...you're right. :D

Well I can tell you that this beginner LOVES the deck of 1000 Spreads!!!! Beacuse as a beginner I am still learning the spread positions/meanings and with this I dont have to kill myself to memorize them all.

I also wanted to tell you Thank you for the way you wrote the book to 1000 spreads. I know that mite sound strange but let me explain. As a beginner I have been reading alot of "how to" books and I have been upset with them. The ether talk so technical that you feel so lost or they dumb it in a way that makes you feel bad that you don't know this already. Your book on the other hand is easy enough to understand without making me feel dumb and highly encouraging. When I was done with it I felt that yes I can do this not like some others that made me feel like I was in over my head.

Thank you so much for this tool! After 2 days I am in total love with it. If there is ever a wait list for an expansion pack or for a extra pack of blanks Please sign me up!!

As far as the Card of the Day card I know one way that I will use it. If I am reading for some one that want to know say "how will my job interview go" I can add that card into the spread as This is the card that will guide you that day. ( I hope that makes sense )

FallynRaiyn

I use the Card of the day in spreads to represent TODAY. ....like the ultra specific present.

Carla

I use the Card of the day in spreads to represent TODAY. ....like the ultra specific present.

LOL I love that. Now I wish the card said, 'Ultra Specific Present'. :D

Carla

OK, FallynRaiyn, I re-read it and I think I got it...haha. Here's the story:

http://www.1000spreads.com/2013/04/a-tip-for-those-divining-spreadsand-new.html

And Carla, here's yours:

http://www.1000spreads.com/2013/04/a-tip-for-those-distracted-by-words-on.html

Thank you so much, ladies! I'm running out of NEW things to write on that site every week and this helped. Once I run out of new things, I'm going to start putting old things. And nobody wants that...haha.

Thank you for including my ideas on your site! :D

FallynRaiyn

LOL I love that. Now I wish the card said, 'Ultra Specific Present'. :D

LOL when I first saw the card I was like...... seriously? I need a "card of the day" card to remind me what position the single "card of the day" is in...... yeah.
I'm sure there must be other uses for it. how this issue affects today, what you should do today to work on this issue, what will happen today that will affect this in the future, etc.

schmedrake

I love all of this discussion! First, thanks for liking me...haha. But I also appreciate the talk because it gives me more ideas. Next week, a post on Card of the Day!

And also I'll find a place to work in your comment about adding to the spread over time, Fallyn...either adding it to your post or using it as a springboard for a new post. I could see if you have an evolving issue in your life, adding a card or two each day to a spread...just to see where the direction is going.

Also, you know how sometimes people do a "12 Days of Christmas" spread or some other such thing where you choose a card each day for 12 days? The Deck of 1000 Spreads can help keep a spread like that in line. Like what if there were a "My Week" spread? Like Sunday was the Spirit card and Monday was the What to Avoid card for the week. And so on?Having the little placeholders all lined up for your week would be fun. I'm kind of liking the idea of a "My Week" spread! Woo hoo! I have my posts all lined for next week already!

FallynRaiyn

the idea of a "My Week" spread! Woo hoo! I have my posts all lined for next week already!

I am really looking forward to reading them. I think the deck of 1000 spreads can really expand the way people use tarot.