Deck of 1000 Spreads—New Spreadcrafting Tool

swedishfish612

I decided I couldn't ignore all of this raving anymore, and I bought my copy at B&N last night. I'm reading the book now and hoping to try it out at least once before the weekend is up!

schmedrake

Fallyn and Ladyoflosttimes, I have blogged about COTD. And just for fun, there are two other new post up there. But I'm exhausted...haha. So I'll hold the whole evolving-over-a-week type spread story for another time. I've taken the pictures, but I can. Blog. No. More. Tonight.

Thank you so much everyone for all the great thinking that's been going on in this thread. :)

http://www.1000spreads.com/2013/04/new-life-for-cotd.html

HOLMES

i just brought it.

hello there.

I must say that I had to come back earlier in the week to check the reviews for the tarot card on the cover is misleading so I assumed it came with a tarot deck. which I came home to see if It was one I had.
after I saw it was just positions,, I decided it would be useful and brought it.

I didn't expect a quality book to go with the deck.. I plan to use it as soon as possible.
but I wanted to say that I am impressed despite the positions cards just being keywords and a description. I find the writing on the cards were high quality.
I should say that I plan to just shuffle up the cards and use them that way.

hmm, an idea if you plan to refine this system like 10 years perhaps would be to have 78 cards all filled, with the position being based on the tarot cards themselves.
that could be an interesting idea. (so you can use them as a stand alone product or with another deck )
as it is.. I look forward to using them.:)

edited to add
the book itself is an work of art,, I enjoyed reading the development of the first half especially.

Carla

Fallyn and Ladyoflosttimes, I have blogged about COTD. And just for fun, there are two other new post up there. But I'm exhausted...haha. So I'll hold the whole evolving-over-a-week type spread story for another time. I've taken the pictures, but I can. Blog. No. More. Tonight.

Thank you so much everyone for all the great thinking that's been going on in this thread. :)

http://www.1000spreads.com/2013/04/new-life-for-cotd.html

Cool. :) I'm sorry if my throw-away remark caused trouble. I thought of a use for COTD, too. If you draw a COTD and then want to draw more for clarification, you can mark the COTD so you don't forget which one it was. It's especially useful if you're blogging and take a photo of the draw. It easily marks out the original card from the draw. :D

schmedrake

Thanks, Holmes. Sorry you thought it came with a tarot deck. It occurred to me that someone might get confused, but then the box's contents are pretty well spelled out on the back of the box. They had to show a tarot card on the front to illustrate what the deck is. Glad you like the book!

And Carla, you didn't cause any trouble. That's another good use for the COTD!

danieljuk

I bought it after seeing it talked about here. I knew it was a book and the placement cards. It arrived and I opened it and then I regretted it for some reason! it seemed like something I would never use and a waste of money. Although the book with the spreads is really good! It just seemed like a chore to get all the placements out and arrange them and all that.

Finally yesterday I did a Celtic Cross reading for myself with the place markers. oh my goodness it brought amazing clarity somehow! I can't believe I put it aside for a while! It seemed to make it much easier on the eye to read the positions. I really regret that I didn't start using it straight away! I am going to try the other spreads and also try picking the placement cards randomly!

If you do buy it and I would recommend it as a tool, don't put it on a shelf or bookcase somewhere, try it out! :)

ValerieReikiLMT

Wow, just wow!! I read something about this set on a blog comment somewhere yesterday. And I came here to read about this. I am loving the blog site, and I pretty much reserved it at B&N and ran out and picked it up last night.

As an intermediate beginner, I am loving this idea. I only do spreads for myself, so I don't need to memorize the place settings, just refer to my binder of spreads, but this really takes it up a HUGE notch!! I can really see the possibilities is this system, and I feel very empowered.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! I love this thread!! <3

schmedrake

Hooray for Valerie! And Daniel, I love that it won you over. :) I sense that there may be some people out there who think it's too elementary for them or who just don't get it. But when you start messing with it, you begin to see the avenues it opens up that you couldn't do before. Heck, I created it and I'm even excited about it, haha.

Lourdez

Can you believe ive had this for MONTHS and only used it today? Its AWESOME sooooo happy with this purchase:thumbup: