Astrology Basics

FaerieStorm

I wanted to know if this is a fairly correct/valid list of the Zodiac Signs, their repsective planets, etc.

http://www.zodiacal.com/basics/basics.htm

I've begun studying the Minchiate "Tarot," so I felt it necessary to understand the Zodiac.

If there are discrepancies, please list them.

Thanks, FS

paradoxx

It looks fairly standard, since the outer planets were not always present other planets were given two signs to rule

mars-aries and pluto
jupiter-sagittarius and pisces
saturn-capricorn and aquarius

these attributions have been used in older tarot decks and contemporary astrology utilizes both systems hand in hand with effective results.

amysquie

paradoxx said:
It looks fairly standard, since the outer planets were not always present other planets were given two signs to rule

mars-aries and pluto
jupiter-sagittarius and pisces
saturn-capricorn and aquarius

these attributions have been used in older tarot decks and contemporary astrology utilizes both systems hand in hand with effective results.

I always though Jupiter was attributed to Pisces but the website above says Neptune. So which should I consider?

firecatpickles

FaerieStorm said:
I've begun studying the Minchiate "Tarot," so I felt it necessary to
Hi FaerieStorm, we hope to see thee in the Minchiate Reading Exchange soon!

In Minchiate, I tend to read the zodiac intutively and not literally (though in some cases it can point out a person directly, as a sort of "court card.")

You may consider learning the actual myths associated with each zodiac as these cards are part of the trump series, and the trumps are traditionally archetypes. The mythological archetypes can easily be woven into a coherent, in-depth readynge whilst usynge the zodiacs as major arcana thusly.

This is a good source I stumbled across: The constellations, from The Fixed Stars. Enjoy!