how astrologers sees today's asto events?

ZenMusic

how do astrologers see today's asto events?

hello.. some instruction please.. I'm just learning Astrology (have a large background in Tarot, Meditation etc.)

I understand how to do a basic chart based on birthdate/time etc..

However, what I'm interested in is how something like the following is generated..

THE WEEKEND: April 29-30:Tune in. Mercury sextiles psychic Neptune at
8:56 a.m. Saturday morning. You may have a wonderful dream or suddenly know how to approach a problem and solve it intuitively when this combination of energies appears in the heavens. Mercury is clever. Neptune is creative and aware of the unseen forces. Saddle up and take care of chores and business as early in the day as possible. A positive Moon Saturn sextile at 1:27 p.m.
will aid your efforts to organize the garage or pantry-this is also a good time to deal with the government, big biz and the authorities. Caution lights will come on a few hours later as Venus begins to line up in a square to inflexible and demanding Pluto tonight. This square is exact at 2:44 a.m.
early tomorrow
How does the astrologer generate this.. see these associations.. i mean it seems you'd have to do a chart everyday (based on what location?, what time?) and then do one a day later and compare them to see the movment of the objects?? (do most software program do this too?)

then would or could that analysis somehow be related to a specific natal chart?

Please explain a bit, and direct me to a book or two...

I've read several introductory books, but don't understand the above (i'm reading about Jyotish , Indian astrology specifically so far)

Also.. i think what would help me the best in learning would be to see 100 charts done by pros , with explanations that tied them to events that happened etc.

is there such a book?? , that is just a collection of charts (maybe for famous people, events) and commentary and history of events etc.. i think this would be the best jump in my insight into the workings of astrology...

one more question while i'm at it...
1. i understand the planets are (or represent) the forces that act..
2. house are where they act (what area of life ,,related to a person)
3. the sign is HOW they act

like (planet --> sign --> house)

so (( Planet WHAT effect --->> sign WHEN effect-->>> house WHERE effected)) would be my understanding??? or is sign Planet effect colored by the sign of the moment?

my question is about #2, i understand planets etc.., i understand signs (i think if this is correct)..

i mean.. i can visualize
1. say the planet is out there (say directly on my left way out there)
2. the sign is where in the heavens it is currently located

3. the house is how it effects me ( how is the house determined for that planet in that sign for this moment? everyone's house could be different in this moment? because of natal chart? or are houses fixed in this example)

what is the HOUSE in this process ??

thanks

dadsnook2000

So many questions . . .

ZenMusic, you have a lot of questions. Many of them may not be best dealt with in detail because the explanations would take too long to write and too long for you to grasp at this point. So, for many of your questions perhaps a brief answer might help.

"how something like the following is generated" relates to the newspaper style astrologica summary you quoted. This may not be something that comes from Indian Sidereal or Vendic Astrology, it reads more like a synthesis done by a western Tropical Astrologer. Being able to see these actions and be able to write about them fluidly is a result of a process called synthesis. Synthesis only comes after one becomes quite capable of practicing many astrological techniques. Striving for that capability, however, should be the goal of every early-studies student.

Such newspaper style statements are based on signs and transits and aspects but are not related to specific peoples charts and the houses of those charts. They are general statements and they may or may not fit anyones specific natal chart.

Such statements could be made by a capable astrologer relative to a person's natal chart. In this case the transits of the planets would be related to the signs and houses in a person's chart. It is quite likely that other types of charts may also be utilized.

Speaking of charts, there are many types of natal, progressed, transiting, return and locational charts. The number of charts that some astrologers might employ from time to time could number between three or four, perhaps up to ten or more in some cases. You think there is only one form of natal chart? Yes, there is the natal chart you can ask for from astro.com, then there is the mid-point 90 degree wheel chart, the Uranian Sun chart and Moon chart and MC/Goals chart, etc., etc. There is the solar chart, the locational chart, just to name a few natal charts. Then there are variants depending upon the house system chosen for use. Astrology can be complex before it becomes simple.

Joytish or Vedic astrology, as I see it and understand it, tends to be quite rigid and rule based, and uses a number (a large number) of specific aspect patterns for individual and multiple planets and has quite specific meanings when those patterns exist. The Vedic systems also use certain types of cycles which are much like biorhythems in that they can be reduced to tables and rigidly applied to ones deliniation. This is a very rigourous system to learn and I have never seen the level of accuracy and usefulness that some people claim for it in the 35+ years I've practiced astrology.

To learn astrology you might need to read 50 or 200 books, depending upon your capacity to assimilate the information and the extent of understanding you want to achieve. As far as finding lots of charts and interpretations, go visit http://www.astrodatabank.com/index.htm where you can see charts of celebreties and bio information, report writer analysis and individuals comments. In any case, there are books of charts for famous people that you can buy.

Planets, signs, houses and aspects are the four broad factors that many early-studies students focus upon. Reading charts done by others will help you understand how these factors are used. Doing chart readings for those whom you know will also help you learn. Just accept that what you learn at first is useful but will not be an understanding of the full, deep subject level of understanding that you might achieve several years later.

Keep in mind that there are differences in "signs" as defined by Tropical, Western Sidereal and Eastern Sidereal (Vedic, Joytish) astrologers. And there are differences between signs and constellations, and between signs and houses. Constellations are star patterns that may be much larger or smaller than other constellations in terms of the space they occupy in the visible sky. Signs are 30 degree segments of space as measure along the zodiac belt. Of these signs, Tropical Signs are measured and start from the Aries point, while Sidereal Signs are measured and start relative to specific fixed stars that can be seen in the sky. There are several commonly used Sidereal frams of reference. Signs are common to everybody. Houses are something else, they are personal segments of space that relate to a specific time and place on this earth -- houses are personal.

Aspects are specific degree values of measurement between one planet and another planet. They are based on dividing a circle by various whole numbers. Each of these aspects is claimed to affect any two planets in terms of how they act or express themselves. However, in the Planet Series of threads/posting I have conducted here on AT, it has clearly been shown and proven that relationships between planets are not dependent upon them having a specific close aspect relationship.

What most books never make clear to students is that astrology is really a study of cycles and cyclic motion between planets, the earths rotation, the Sun and Moon cycles, and other cycles. You can do a lot with signs, houses, planets and houses, and with natal charts -- but that is only a small part of the whole astrological system. There is a lot that can be learned, yet there is much that one can do with only a portion of that knowledge -- as long as what you learn is something that you learn well.

Perhaps others have comments to offer. Dave

ZenMusic

thanks very much for the reply.. very enlightening.. i'd appreciate anyone else's comments..

also, it seems to me that the planets are not so much the source of the effect as they are just a convenient visible marker of the energy source of the effect (by energy , i mean lots more than physics "energy").. and there are probably lots more of these 'directors' in the universe than we have detected