Sentence spread- daily

recon_etc

In addition to my "Card of the Day", I use this spread to give me insight into today's "major event". Simply lay down three cards in a horizontal row.

1---2---3

1. This represents your "subject".

2. This represents your "verb".

3. This represents your "object".

Now try to string all those into a story. Since these instructions are kinda vague, here's an example:

I drew the 2 of cups, the 10 of swords, and the Ace of wands. I thought that 1 represented a close friend (subject), 2 being a defeat or loss of some sort (verb) and 3 being some creative work that my friend made (object). So I was thinking something along the lines of "His work will get him in trouble". I was close: he accidentally pricked himself with a stick that day. But you see the process I'm talking about. Hopefully this spread will help you in your everyday tarot exploits.

Summersnowflake

What a clever idea. I love word games, and for me playing is a good way of learning, so I'm going to try this spread as a learning tool.

The first spread I tried today was:
1 - 5 of Swords
2 - 10 of Cups
3 - The Fool

Hmmm. I'm thinking maybe the neighbors I don't get along with will discover the joys of grandparenting and move away!

Scarlet27

Wow! I'm gonna give this a try tomorrow morning =)
Seems helpful and I love word games too.

AshesDreaming

Interesting. I will have to try it out tomorrow. ^^

thorhammer

recon_etc said:
In addition to my "Card of the Day", I use this spread to give me insight into today's "major event". Simply lay down three cards in a horizontal row.

1---2---3

1. This represents your "subject".

2. This represents your "verb".

3. This represents your "object".

Now try to string all those into a story.
I love this, recon :) But I'll be amending mine a little to read:

1 = Noun, naming word, thing
2 = Verb, doing word, action
3 = Adjective/adverb, describing word, how, in what manner

This is such a clever idea. It appeals to the grammar Nazi in me :D

\m/ Kat

FutureMoth

This looks like a great spread! I was thinking of altering it to be something like this:

((1, 2, and 3 are supposed to look like a quarter-circle))

1. Subject
2. Verb.
3. Adverb
4. Object

I haven't tried it yet, but tell me what you think.