Web of Meaning Spread

punchinella

I am not usually one for spreads; I generally just throw out individual cards in answer to specific questions, or sometimes use 3-card spreads (e.g. ppf) or at the most double-decker 3-card spreads (e.g. ppf from two different perspectives). But tonight--well, I just felt like designing something new!

I'm pretty sure someone somewhere will have done something like this before, but there was nothing like it listed in the index under 6-card spreads . . . so, here goes.

This is a spread to use to answer the question "What am I--spiritually--looking for?" It's for those times when you know you want something, but just can't quite put your finger on what it is.

I felt an impulse to use the Seal of Solomon for this spread, so it is based on two overlapping triangles.

***6***
1******2
4******5
***3***

1) What spirit (or higher self, divine agent, etc. etc.) brings from the past to union with me

2) What spirit is likely to bring, in the future, to union with me

3) The fruition of spirit's descent to meet or join with me (this may tend to be in the material)

4) What I bring from the past to my upward journey

5) What I am likely to bring in the future

6) The fruition of my labour, i.e., the sort of service that I am capable of rendering for spirit

Cards 3 and 6, read together, will then (hopefully) tell me what specifically it is that I am looking for!

An obvious variant of this spread would be for use in shadow or depth work. The triangle associated with material or everyday self would, in this case, alternate to indicate descent:

***6***
1******2
4******5
***3***

In the above variant, I also alternated the order in which the self/other triangles are laid out, since I personally don't want anything coming up from below unless I go looking for it first :D

I haven't actually tried either way yet but plan to soon; then, if the spread works, maybe I'll do some experimentation in reading exchange! :)