natal chart vs. life experience

dadsnook2000

A step closer.

It is my sense that you carry more of your Salina, KA birth chart, in terms of angles and houses, than you do your relocational chart for the NJ area. I believe, also, that my view that aspects are making more of an impact on you than are signs and houses is also appropriate.

Lets look at some elements. The Mercury opposition to Saturn and Jupiter; clear speech (Saturn tends to preciseness), caution (Mercury's opposition to Saturn does that), loosening up after initial caution in your response (thank Jupiter for that).

Talkative; you said no. Mercury is away from the Ascendant a bit. Perhaps you have learned to think before voicing your ideas and this leads to less talkativeness. Note also that Mars is in Virgo/3rd house and trines Saturn -- careful expression. letting actions speak instead of words.

Sun rising in the 1st house; you said "strong self-expression." But this could also be an Uranus influence, particularly with the dark or vivid colors.

The drama and admiration comes from the Sun/Leo trine Moon/Aries aspect -- this works for either chart.

The Mercury-Saturn aspect also squares the MC giving you that good old "T-Square", astrology's great motivator and action tool. Throw in Jupiter and you have a balanced and thoughtful sense of goals and struggle to achieve recognition. Link that into the Sun at the Ascendant and Sun-trine-Moon and you have the ideal poster girl. Do you carry autographed photos with you? Just kidding -- BUT you could very well be an image for a product or a spokesperson for a company (maretking, press) or become identified with a cause. It will all happen if it hasn't yet.

Watch the Sun square Pluto symbolism. Too much intensity can interfere with personal charm an ability to be diplomatic with others.

Where drama and idealism, as related to Neptune, isn't so strong I would think the NJ chart (with Neptune at the IC) isn't so applicable. One other note: you have some 5th harmonic elements in your chart, not so obvious to many astrologers. These 72 degree/multiples of aspects strengthen the need to live a specific "life style" which provides you with a framework for your strengths. When you get to a point in your astrological studies where you can handle harmonics you might learn something from the 5th harmonic.

Have fun. Dave.

Tallarico

Dear Dadsnook,

Firstly thanks for all, your help with my chart, it's still so difficult! Today I ordered a book, that I used to have but got misplaced over the years. It is called "The Compleat Astrologer" by Derek Parker. Hopefully it will refresh my memory and give me some more insight. Any recommendations for easy to understand books. Aspecting is what is the hardest for me so far....

Karen

Tallarico

Thanks for the reminder!

Thanks Lee. I have been so scatterbrained lately. I should have checked!

dadsnook2000

Aspects can be simple

Karen, I think its great to look for, and to study, books that define and explain aspects. "Aspects" are the traffic cops of planetary energies in that they "combine and emphasize" the symbology of the planets involved. Note the words "COMBINE" and "EMPHASIZE."

When you study aspects keep in mind that there are two types: Natal and Transiting/Progressing. The natal aspects tend to form a semi-permanent set of expressional patterns. Your life's experience will refine and emphasize an individualized response to these aspects. As life moves forward, individual transits will both energize and present variations on those natal patterns. This is when you have the opportunity to learn or to evolve those energies. RULE #1: The natal pattern is always there, transiting patterns provide an opportunity to expand and/or modify the way in which you typically respond to that planet in your chart.

The conjunction is pure combinational energy; the two/more planets can blend and strengthen each other. Don't always think that Saturn, for example, is not good for Venus. RULE #2; Each planet has both positive and negative symbolism. Conjunctions are like the number ONE; wholeness, potential, focus, etc.

Oppositions symbolize both adversity and projection. Think of two people pulling on a rope, and of a mirror showing you what you are. Within these terms you can define and expand the idea behind oppositions. Note also that a conjunction can have a wide span of degrees alloted to it (perhaps 8 to 12 degrees) while the opposition cuts the chart's circle in half -- so perhaps the opposition should be held, aspect wise, to 6 to 8 degrees. RULE #3; oppositions are not "bad", they point out where you see "others" at.

Trines split our circle in three, so aspects can be a little tighter if you wish, perhaps 4 to 6 degrees of orb. Trines permit an ease of expression. Like a motor's magnetic flux field, the encourage a continuous form of predictable expression (movement). They do not challenge us but help to resolve the two-ness of the opposition by bringing in a third element. Two planets can be in trine, or three planets (or more) can be in a grand-trine pattern. RULE #4; In any case, look for a smoother form of expression of the planets involved.

Squares between planets, and especially the T-square (two planets in opposition, both square a third planet) provide the GO POWER in a chart for those lucky enough to have them. Squares present a challenge. T-squares present a multiple challenge. How will you work out planet symbolism where each planet works through a different element -- fire and water for example. The T-square adds a third element -- earth square fire and earth opposite water as another example -- with the fire planet squaring both the earth and water planets. RULE #5; squares represent struggle, conflict within and without, and the need to work out a process for yourself or to use the process to benefit others.

All of the other aspects can be related to these primary aspects. Sextiles (60 degrees) are communicative focused versions of trines. Semi-squares (45 degrees) are struggle-joriented versions of squares (as are three semi-squares -- 135 degrees). Inconjuncts can be thought of, for your learning process, as oppositions requiring an adjustment in how you deal with them.

Its basically that simple. Trust me. Don't kill yourself over details, do a lot of charts, do some reading, have fun. Dave.