saturn on my moon

lou

i'm having saturn transtiting over my natal moon at 13° cancer right now. it's the second passage of the planet since this summer. i feel a bit tired and strange. i'm having the third passage of it in quite a short period, cause the planet had made a retrogradation just on these degrees here. can you tell me something helpful and give me some insight about it?

dadsnook2000

That d**n old Saturn

Hi there, I felt bad that nobody had responded to your question since everyone has/will experience this contact. By itself, Saturn can indeed leave you dragging your tail and feeling depressed. The nature of Saturn, as our culture teaches us, is to limit us.

I'd like to point out something that the world renowned seer Edgar Cayce pointed out -- "Saturn is where you choose not to grow." This statement can make you really think about how we seem to be conditioned versus what our true selves may be capable of.

Many people ride out a depressing period, just existing and waiting for it to pass. Sooner or later something brings them out of it -- or they just decide to move on with life. The weight of Saturn is gone. BUT, did we learn anything from it? If Saturn is a teacher, what lesson did we not pay attention to? Instead of moaning about Saturn (and I have done so in my life, as have others, so don't take this wrongly) we need to really take a look at what we are refusing to see, where we choose not to grow!!

This isn't easy, you may not be successful. But just having tried to honestly understand life's apparent obstacles may be enough. There is never a graded test in life. But there are tests. We have to take them and do our best. Trying is what is important. If I can help you better understand your chart just PM me with some data and I'll try to offer some insights. Good luck. Dave.

lou

saturn effects

hello Dave and thanks a lot for your help and words. you've been so kind and i apprecieted that.
well, actually, i didnt mean to seem like im moaning, since, this period of my life is bringing me a two side experience: for one part, i feel everything is quite difficult and slow to do, on the other side, i feel like im having a great, real opportunity of expand myself innerly and feel grounded. the fact is that this is just really new to me, its quite an odd experience, and im trying myself to understand all this. i really like astrology, though its quite difficult sometimes to have an objective view if we try to interpretate our own charts. i really like you to give me some further insight, id really appreciate that if you like. I'll send you my pm. bye Lou.

Minderwiz

lou,

perhaps you can post your natal details,

the time you were born hh:mm

the date you were born dd/mm/yyyy
(please make the month clear owing to the difference between European and US date styles)

The place where you were born.

It's difficult to be very precise on a transit without a natal chart because that will tell us which house your Moon is in, whether Saturn will aspect any other planets when it aspects the Moon (or around that time) and if there's anything else of importance going on.

If you can post those details I'll try and give you some more detailed feedback.

lou

well, actually I just wanted to share a generic view on saturn effects. or if someone has to say something about what he/she personally experienced during this time. talking to down in my personal data maybe scares me a little, and i feel i dont want to. :mad:)

so, thanks anyway.

Minderwiz

There's no need to post your details if you don't want to - clearly if you want to keep things at a generic level.

As Dave says this transit is often regarded as symbolising a period of depression, usually accompanied by a desire to withdraw into oneself.

Your natal Moon is in Cancer so its in its own sign - so it is strong in your chart. Saturn is actually weak in Cancer, in its detriment. The problem with weak Saturn is that the 'fearful' side of Saturn can come through - this again may add to a desire to withdraw till its safe to come out.

Saturn and the Moon are rather like chalk and cheese, the Moon is the 'touchy feely' planet - instinct, emotion, receptivity are lunar characteristics, as are caring and nurturing. Saturn is structure limit, order, authority. The two together don't work easily. Saturn is a demanding teacher and with this transit a person may feel that they are not living up to their ideals, or achieving what they should be achieving - self criticism can be a problem as it leads to self doubt, fear of the consequences of things going wrong and therefore inaction.

The best way forward is to use Saturn's energy against these feelings. Take stock of the situation, then construct a plan to deal with it and put the plan into action. It doesn't matter that much what the plan is or whether it will achieve your ideals - just planning can help shift Saturn into a different gear. You will feel more positive, even if the progress is slow. The aim is to turn a vicious circle of self doubt and depression into a virtuous circle of planning and progress - even it it is very slow going.

lou

wiz,
you got the point. i really thank you. i'll cherish your hints.

Minderwiz

You're welcome lou :)