What happens when The Devil meets The Queen of swords.

lunascholar

Sounds like a great dynamic for a sexual relationship but probably not much beyond that. I resonate with the Queen of Swords myself, so I can see the appeal here--the Devil is a strong, charismatic personality who would seem to be a good match. The Queen of Swords is a dominant personality, too, but she's not necessarily looking to dominate or "own" another person whereas the Devil is looking for exactly that. The Queen is a strong personality seeking an equal mind, and the Devil is a strong personality seeking power over another person. A relationship that's anything beyond sexual and relatively casual would likely be miserable--for the Queen of Swords. As soon as the Devil gets what he wants--as soon as he "owns" you--he'll probably get bored and move on. Meanwhile you'll be bound to him already. It's a classic recipe for heartbreak. (That said, the sex would probably be great so not trying to be overly discouraging--just be careful.)

Thanks for responding Sztar. So far it sounds like a fiery recipe for heartbreak, anger and resentment. So I'll pass on this one. Lol. šŸ˜‚ I do enjoy analyzing how we interact with each other though.

lunascholar

The first thing that comes to mind for me is the relationship between Katharina and Petruchio in The Taming of the Shrew (or, if you prefer, between Kat and Pat in 10 Things I Hate About You). To me, it seems like an unpleasant and combative relationship, and even the happily-ever-after at the end of the play feels tense and abusive. There is a possibility that this relationship would work, but personally the only way I can see this happening is if one of the parties "breaks" the other and fundamentally changes their partner's personality.*

My advice would be that it's probably a relationship to avoid. At first, it may be ofun and flirtatious, but in the long run it seems to me like that would become wearisome and frustrating for everyone involved. The Queen of Swords is too detached and the Devil is too self-obsessed; neither of them is able to fully reach across and understand the other, and for that they can't make the allowances that are necessary for a functional long-term relationship.

But that's just my take on it.

*For this, I'm really referring to the play more than the movie. The movie was a very loose adaptation.

Interesting, JackofWands. I took note of the movies you have listed and I am looking forward to reviewing them. Your response is also rich in insight. Thanks a lot. šŸ‘

cbucco

Sounds like a great dynamic for a sexual relationship but probably not much beyond that. I resonate with the Queen of Swords myself, so I can see the appeal here--the Devil is a strong, charismatic personality who would seem to be a good match. The Queen of Swords is a dominant personality, too, but she's not necessarily looking to dominate or "own" another person whereas the Devil is looking for exactly that. The Queen is a strong personality seeking an equal mind, and the Devil is a strong personality seeking power over another person. A relationship that's anything beyond sexual and relatively casual would likely be miserable--for the Queen of Swords. As soon as the Devil gets what he wants--as soon as he "owns" you--he'll probably get bored and move on. Meanwhile you'll be bound to him already. It's a classic recipe for heartbreak. (That said, the sex would probably be great so not trying to be overly discouraging--just be careful.)

I just drew the queen of swords and the devil as a guy's feelings for me. I was dating this guy for about two months and suddenly everything changed and he disappeared. Reading this makes me realize for sure what just happened. Thanx for sharing! Wishing it was different... But if someone feels that way about you him disappearing is for the best.