EDSG #1 - 4 Swords, Death and 2 Pentacles

rwcarter

I kind of thought anxious was a bit much too but wasn't sure how to or if I should add the element and what that would look like.
>> I << don't use EDs in the traditional way, so there's no rule that says you have to either. ;)

So, following my reading I could have added an element to the 4oS since it was neutral which means friendly but maybe not as strong, right?
Yes, you could have. I don't use neutral automatically equals friendly because that gives each element 2 friendly interactions and 1 unfriendly interaction. That seems really unbalanced to me. Having 1 friendly, 1 neutral and 1 unfriendly seems more balanced to me. And like with wars, the participation (or not) of the neutral party can tip the balance one way or the other.

I'm not sure if I will continue to add the element into the reading. It was just a thought while typing it up so I went with it. It sounds like traditional ED do not do this so, maybe I wont either. Ok, Im off to try the other areas for these cards and then mix them up too. :)
In all the years I've used EDs, it's never occurred to me to add in the elemental aspect of the card to the interpretation. You might have hit on something brilliant. Don't be so quick to discard it.

Rodney

Ziev

rwcarter said:
Having 1 friendly, 1 neutral and 1 unfriendly seems more balanced to me. And like with wars, the participation (or not) of the neutral party can tip the balance one way or the other.

I totally agree with this and that is how I will be doing it also. I was also thinking with the added element it could lessen the degree of the others but I think that is what it does already. lol

rwcarter said:
In all the years I've used EDs, it's never occurred to me to add in the elemental aspect of the card to the interpretation. You might have hit on something brilliant. Don't be so quick to discard it.

I found that working on the additional exercises it was easier for me to use them so I will continue to do so. Thanks! ;)

I will post my exercises later this evening with AEW for relationships, finances, and home. This is really fun.

Ziev

Ok, here goes. Still with 4S / Death / 2P = AWE

Relationships

Emotions are running high with a breakup (Death). Now is the time to make a decision with what you want and do not waffle back and forth; stick with what you decide (2P). Once a decision is made you can relax and let down your guard (4S).

Finances

Your investments will soon turnaround and bring you contentment (Death). Trust your decision to have them managed for you (2P) so you can relax and reap the rewards (4S).

Home

There has been some shift at home that has left you sensitive (Death). You need to find balance and stand on your own two feet (2P). Then will you be able to be objective to see what is really going on (4S).

What do you think? Still doing okay?

I really like doing them for different areas of one's life. It has helped me a lot.

rwcarter

What do you think? Still doing okay?

I really like doing them for different areas of one's life. It has helped me a lot.
You're not doing badly or wrong, but I try to make the interpretation a single sentence that uses all three cards. I believe I got that from supertarot when I was learning EDs myself. I see the three cards as a unit, which is why the single sentence makes sense to me.

As for the different categories, they tend to be the major categories for readings.

Rodney

Ziev

rwcarter said:
I see the three cards as a unit, which is why the single sentence makes sense to me.

Ah makes sense. Ok, here are my revisions.

Relationships

Emotions are running high due to a breakup (Death) even though you have been doubting the reasons (2P) you can now release the tension you have been feeling and just relax a bit (4S).

Finances

Your investments will soon turnaround and bring you contentment (Death) so, trust your decision to have them managed for you (2P) then you can sit back and reap the rewards (4S). (Yes, this is basically the same) :)

Home

With the changes taking place at home things seem unstable (Death)and now is the time to find stability (2P) by taking time to rest your thoughts (4S).

I think these are getting closer.

rwcarter

Ah makes sense. Ok, here are my revisions.

I think these are getting closer.
Yes, those are much better! You're doing a great job with EDs.

Ziev

Yes, those are much better! You're doing a great job with EDs.

Thanks!

I'm finding this a little more difficult that I first had thought (maybe I'm over thinking too much) but I really want to learn so here are my exercises for the next rotation.

Death / 2P / 4S
W / E / A

Work/Career

You have managed more than your fair share at work (2P) which has lead you to make a drastic change (Death) so you can now reap everything you have worked for (4S).

Relationships

You are of two minds about your current relationship (2P) that is causing you to change your mind about everything (Death) therefore just take a step back to get a clearer head (4S).

Finances

You’ve been juggling your money from one hand to the other to pay debt (2P) and if this does not change soon (Death) then your resources will dry up (4S).

Home

You need to find balance (2P) while moving (Death) so you won’t get overwhelmed and can rest a bit (4S).

Still truckin' along. :D

Ziev

Rodney,

Im having a problem with EAW. I am not sure how to read an unfriendly element. I have read the other posts but I still don't understand. Can you help shed more light on this for me?

Also, when reading ED's does it matter which card you read to start? I try to start with the center focus and then the friendly to neutral to unfriendly. Does it even matter?

Thanks ~Ziev

Ziev

I am over thinking this too much and second guessing myself. Doh! I'm not sure if these are good.

Here is my final rotation exercise.
2P / 4S / Death
E / A / W

Work/Career

Because you have been stalling (4S) in finding a job your prospects will be for naught (Death) and you will have to work odd jobs to make ends meet (2P).

Relationships

It’s time to step back from your current relationship (4S) and focus on the changes that are happening around you (Death) by doing this you won’t have to divide your attention later (2P).

Finances

You acted to slowly (4S) and now your ex has cleared out your accounts (Death) so they can go and play without you (2P).

Home

You have been thinking (4S) about rearranging your room (Death) to find better balance (2P).

rwcarter

I haven't disappeared, just been really busy for the last 36 hours or so. I'll be back later tonight hopefully to answer your questions.